Advice...67 Cuda Floor Shift Conversion

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
A while back, I designed a shifter mechanism for my Dart Sport that utilized a cable shifter and adapted a Hurst Pistol and boot for the auto tranny......Looked killer, and worked great..... I'm ready for the same conversion in the Cuda.

My 67 Cuda has come a long way, and I'm ready to finish the interior (now that the stinking electronic gremlin has been vanquished). I have a regular auto column shift, factory original, on a 904. I've obtained a correct standard shift column for the new bells I need to eliminate the column shift (I'm not swapping out the whole column), and I'd like some input on the job ahead........

I've never had to unhook the column linkages and such to install a floor shift.....It just worked out that it was already there to begin with, OR was there with only some column bells to change out.

I'm wondering if any of you'se guys have DONE the procedure, and have any warnings/heads-up/ advice to lend on the project. The cable shift and bell conversion is no problem.....I need some insight into removing the linkages, what kind of trouble I could run into, safety switch problems, etc...etc...etc........

Anyone that's done one, I'd greatly appreciate hearing what you have to offer. Doc :prayer::blob::glasses7:

-
Back