Advise on Rims/tires 67 Barracuda FB

-

nucuda

Reaction score
Am fairly new to this forum and have read threads on tire/rim combos. Need specific opinions on 67 Barracuda tires /rims. Am intending to buy Crager orig. ss mags - 15*6 ,3.375bs for front with 215/60 BFG radial TA and 15*8 , 4.125 bs for rear with BFG TA 255/60/15 . My bolt pattern is 5on 4in . I like a slight "rake" look.On pictures the tires are 205/75/r14. No suspension mods on front or rear . Want a wide footprint look without any problems with steering clearances or rear fender/spring clearance .Car is used for cruising not strip.Please advise if you think there is a better combo or send me a e mail with picture and specs of what you are running.No rear spring relocation is going to be done.

side view.JPG

car show.jpg

Thanks for feedback .I was wondering about going to the 15*7 with a4.125"bs rim for the front with the 215/60 tire if there is no problem with backspacing . I am hoping to order by end of week so feedback is appreciated - nothing used for sale in the East Kootenay area of B.C.

My dad lives pretty close to the dam that makes that Kootenai reservoir. That's a long lake, you guys are probably 80 miles apart! Good fishing there.
There is a guy across the boarder from you in Rexford Montana that seems to have lots of mopar stuff on the Montana craigslist. He might usually has whole cars but I be he must be sitting on lots of parts too. I bought a pair of 15x7 Keystones off a different craigslist guy that I plan on using 215/60/15s BFG TAs on the front. They are the large bolt pattern though and I can't do that until I get my front end swap done.
The new wheels really aren't that bad on price when you consider how rough most used ones are.

Would 4.125 backspacing on a 15 "crager with a 215/60/15 tire be ok on the front of a 67 barracuda. Reading posts seems to be ok but a bit of a nervous nelly when I am buying new sight unseen and spending hard earned money. Tks

You may have to look out for sway bar clearance (if so equipped) on the front when you go with a backspace over 4 inches.

I`ve run a 15 x 8 on the rear with 4.25 backspace. Leaf spring clearance was tight but there were no problems.

If you want some great pictures and accompanying advice, do a search for postings by dgc333 (Dave) and you will see how his '68 notchback looks.

Would 4.125 backspacing on a 15 "crager with a 215/60/15 tire be ok on the front of a 67 barracuda. Reading posts seems to be ok but a bit of a nervous nelly when I am buying new sight unseen and spending hard earned money. Tks

Thanks for the info. Looked at his posts and got a lot of info . I have ordered and am going 15/7 rim with 215/60/15 on front and 15/8 on rear with 255/60/15 . will post a picture when put on car.Cheers to all who helped.

Me likes the GG1 fastback with Cragars:

67.JPG

Finally got rims and tires on after many problems with wheel studs There are some on this site with really good taste(prev post). Think I made right choice.15*7 (3"bs)front with 215/60/15 and 15*8 (4"bs) with 255/60/15 on stock susp. with about 3/4 " tire to leaf clearance on back. Thanks to all who gave advise. Wilf

DSCF0384.JPG

DSCF0381.JPG

Sweet!
Can we see more pics of this green machine?
Did you find a buildsheet?
Tell us more about it.

Nice job on the stance. Perfect! I'm trying to get BFG 255/60R15's in Canada but they're backordered at least for 2 mths if not more. You seemed to get yours pretty quick....are they from Newstalgia Wheels??

Kris

Nice looking nucuda. Those are the same size I had on my car before I went with the stock stuff.

Almost makes me wish I wouldn't have sold my TorqThrust 2s.

Thanks for the good comments. Am very happy with the look. Tikona -the rims and tires are from Newstalgia - Very fast delivery.

Very nice choice! Looking to get a set for my 67 nb.

Could you post the part # of the wheels?

part# (all 5 on 4) front 61654 15x6 rear 15x8 61854 lugs 09005-4 right hand(mine are all converted to right hand) Valve stems chrome C504S . Seemed to have good stock when I got mine about 3 weeks ago. Good luck.

part# (all 5 on 4) front 61654 15x6 rear 15x8 61854 lugs 09005-4 right hand(mine are all converted to right hand) Valve stems chrome C504S . Seemed to have good stock when I got mine about 3 weeks ago. Good luck.

thanks again. I have no idea what type of lugs I will need.

-
Back