after market sway bar, stock location ?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
Does anyone make a heavier sway bar to fit the stock location and use factory tabs on my 69 Dart ?

Huh .... The Helwig on my 68 Barracuda uses brackets bolted to the shock bolts

If you're referring to the factory tab on the lower control arm, then yes you can use that instead of those brackets.

My guess is that you're referring to the L-bracket that came with the Hellwig bar. I believe that optional for cars that did not have the tab/mount on the lower control arm.

My Hellwig bar came with those brackets too, but I did not use them.

We mounted ours to the stock mounting tabs on our 71 Valiant 4 door...

It can mount off the shock bolts if you don't have factory tabs on LCA's....

If you're referring to the factory tab on the lower control arm, then yes you can use that instead of those brackets.

My guess is that you're referring to the L-bracket that came with the Hellwig bar. I believe that optional for cars that did not have the tab/mount on the lower control arm.

My Hellwig bar came with those brackets too, but I did not use them.

correct...

Good to know.... I just ordered the rear Helwig for the Dart and keeping them matched would be nice.

My Barracuda did not have factory mounts so that makes sense..

Good to know.... I just ordered the rear Helwig for the Dart and keeping them matched would be nice.

My Barracuda did not have factory mounts so that makes sense..

We had trouble mounting ours in the back, and omitted it... tight with the dual mufflers & you have to drill large mounting holes in frame...

I had no issues with the rear (#6907) on the Barracuda. I will be welding the brackets to the housing on the Dart though.

-
Back