aftermarket fuel rail choices?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Hello again hemi swap faithful,

Just wondering what all you guys were running for aftermarket fuel rails, and if anyone truly makes a quality, yet affordable kit? So far the quality ones i've seen aren't affordable...and the affordable one's i've seen...are terrible.

i have a set that is going to get our mule on the dyno...but the production version won't have the currently used set...

so, i'm hoping someone has a better option that my current "orange" ones.

even open to smaller, non- big name places if the quality and price is right!

i like my "orange " ones alot

Those literal hardware store electric conduit clamps they use for hold downs tickle your fancy huh? Lol.
Between that, and the fact that some are AN o ring base, and some are randomly npt...pending production run. I won't buy them a third time, as our first two sets we tried were very sub par.

Im sure as much as quality varied that yours are probably very nice, and work great. If this was a one time purchase, id probably have less opinion on them, but the third time won't be a charm for me

They say they ONLY work on the plastic Eagle/Apache intakes though is the bummer. Wonder what the hold down pattern is on the Drag Pack intakes? 6.1?

Thats interesting, because most others market them for 6.1 and 5.7. I would assume the aluminum drag pack intake in another animal entierly.

I made my own by buying some blank rail extrusion and an injector drill bit, but I also have a ModMan intake, so I kinda had to since I didn't want to pay the ridiculous price Indy wanted at the time for rails. That might be an option for you though. They were about $10 a foot and the injector bit is $130 (I got both from here http://www.rossmachineracing.com/fuelrail.html). Could always sell the bit after, but you might have to get clever with mounting to work with a factory intake.

I made my own by buying some blank rail extrusion and an injector drill bit, but I also have a ModMan intake, so I kinda had to since I didn't want to pay the ridiculous price Indy wanted at the time for rails. That might be an option for you though. They were about $10 a foot and the injector bit is $130 (I got both from here http://www.rossmachineracing.com/fuelrail.html). Could always sell the bit after, but you might have to get clever with mounting to work with a factory intake.

i considered that too! but i did think by the time that i got them anodized (to prevent oxidation with todays fuels) that i would probably be more $ into them than it was worth...but...it may be worth taking a look at. especially if we do some with the aftermarket performance aluminum intakes that are starting to surface.

-
Back