Aftermarket Heater Core ?

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
A friend called me today and asked me if I read an article in MCG in the past few months about an aftermarket heater core that was designed specifically to work with high-flow water pumps. Supposedly (and this just may be more of a marketing ploy), these "special" cores are recommended because stock replacement units have a tendency to prematurely fail/leak with the use of a high-flow pump. First of all, what are your folks thoughts on this 'special" heater core and does anyone know which company is manufacturing this piece?

Puzzled thoughts here... Would increased flow shorten the life of a heater core ? Wouldn't it do the same to a radiater ? I'd need a lot of data on maximum gpm , etc.. for either heater core.

the only thing special that I've seen on some heater cores is a insert that goes in the out port to slow the coolant down to actually get some heat out of the core

the only thing special that I've seen on some heater cores is a insert that goes in the out port to slow the coolant down to actually get some heat out of the core
That insert is meant to create a slight pressure differential where both hoses are the same size. Without it the water tends to stand rather than flow.

-
Back