Aftermarket hood troubles.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Been on the phone with my body guy. I bought a hood from US Body Source. It is a hood that has a support structure so it can use hinges with light weight springs. It is to heavy for the light weight springs. While it lines up perfectly with the fenders/cowl when it is just layed on there whe you put the hinges on it does not. EZ started measuring everything and noticed that the structure does not have the same distance side to side. He measured it at the front hood bolt to the side and came up with a 3/8" difference.

Just a thought you might try taking the springs off and just using the hinges if you think the hings spring are causing it to push up on the back of the hood. Is that the type of fitment issue your having? Sort of like it bowing up the rear of the hood when closed?
Matt

That's unfortunate, but that is fiberglass for you thats why I can't stand glass hoods unless its a race only application, I would not even put hood springs on it just a hood prop, Look at any original Challenger T/A or AAR Cuda hood and most are all bowed right at the hood hinge boltup, I had a original T/A hood on my Challenger and wow what junk I sold it and have a steel shaker hood on the way for it (only thing that will be glass is the bubble!) One last thing if that hood has heavier springs on it and you close it to align it since it flexes more than a steel hood when latched it can throw the gaps off! I would align it with no springs on the hood at all (might fit perfect) Good luck!

I will post some pictures of it when I get a chance.....

-
Back