Aftermarket knees

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Who here has one? Wondering about kneeling on it. Doc I am seeing has told me that they have patients that do. Have talked with a few people who said it ain't happening. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Who here has one? Wondering about kneeling on it. Doc I am seeing has told me that they have patients that do. Have talked with a few people who said it ain't happening. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve needed two knees for probably over 20 years and keep putting it off and that’s one of my reasons. Between shop work, 7 cats, and racing I’m on my knees a lot. I just finished my third week of two shots of Synvisc today and my knees are killing me. I’ll probably have to take next winter off from
Doing porting work and start getting them replaced.

I’ve needed two knees for probably over 20 years and keep putting it off and that’s one of my reasons. Between shop work, 7 cats, and racing I’m on my knees a lot. I just finished my third week of two shots of Synvisc today and my knees are killing me. I’ll probably have to take next winter off from
Doing porting work and start getting them replaced.
I have had joint juice injections in the past, they helped. This is a bit different then the "you need a replacement but" pain. I go see the doc tomorrow. I have been stretching consistently for over a year now. Pain doc suggested I get a Peleton bike, so I did. I am guessing that this recent flareup is probably just me doing to much to soon.
The orthopedic place I am going to has told me that they do have plenty of patients that have had both knees replaced and they go about a normal life. Doc told me that the no kneel/no squat is just a suggestion.
How long have you been getting the shots?

I have had joint juice injections in the past, they helped. This is a bit different then the "you need a replacement but" pain. I go see the doc tomorrow. I have been stretching consistently for over a year now. Pain doc suggested I get a Peleton bike, so I did. I am guessing that this recent flareup is probably just me doing to much to soon.
The orthopedic place I am going to has told me that they do have plenty of patients that have had both knees replaced and they go about a normal life. Doc told me that the no kneel/no squat is just a suggestion.
How long have you been getting the shots?

Cortisone for a long long time. I had what they called the Rooster shot well over 15 years ago but I don’t remember going three weeks in i row like I did this time. Maybe they did it differently back then. It must be longer than that because I retired in 2010 and it was long before that. My right knee was operated on three time for a torn meniscus. Butchered twice then operated on again by the doctor I’m seeing now. They were all long before I retired.

Lifting weights with my legs helps me immensely. If my quads and hamstrings are tight and toned, then the rest isn't terrible. Probably won't help if you're due for replacement, but it (figuratively) can't hurt...

My father had both knees replaced. On the first one he followed all of the Docs advice and did his P/T religiously, but on the second...not so much.

The second knee is two years "newer" than the first, but guess which one he can't kneel on as long, and has less range of motion?

So to answer your question: My 89 year old father can kneel on his knees, but he says it does hurt if he's on them too long.

-
Back