Aftermarket main wiring harness

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
If you have installed one of these, did you connect it to the steering column ignition switch or do you run a push button/toggle switch? I am going with a universal harness and I have no idea how wire the stock column. I am going to run a switch panel in the dash so either way will work.

If you have installed one of these, did you connect it to the steering column ignition switch or do you run a push button/toggle switch? I am going with a universal harness and I have no idea how wire the stock column. I am going to run a switch panel in the dash so either way will work.
I've used several aftermarket harnesses. Just follow the wiring diagram supplied with the harness and use your column switch.

Do you know which universal harness you're going with? I agree with retroron, they should have a diagram but will require you to figure out which wire is which in your column. I went with the EZ Wiring harness, great product and every wire is labeled well all along the insulation. The manual was pretty good at telling you what to wire to but still need to check. Below is the specific page for Mopars, don't mind my little drawings and notes...

downloadfile.jpg

SalC, Well done, you provided the one piece of the puzzle I lacked. I've used Painless, Ron Francis and a local company, all are good, I favor Ron Francis.

The Ron Francis products look very nice. I chose EZ because it was the least expensive. I'm satisfied thus far.

-
Back