Aftermarket Sway Bars

-

JGC403

Reaction score
I was looking over the installation instructions for Hotchkis sway bars. They didn't mention if the factory bracket on the lower control arm can be used or if it needs to be ground off and their bracket welded on.

Looks like FFI bars will use the factory brackets.

Our Hellwig replacement just used the stock mounting tabs on the lower control arms...

I was looking over the installation instructions for Hotchkis sway bars. They didn't mention if the factory bracket on the lower control arm can be used or if it needs to be ground off and their bracket welded on.

Looks like FFI bars will use the factory brackets.

Well, where do they show their bracket welding on? It doesn't have to be precisely in the same place -- the bushings allow a little sideplay (poly less than rubber), and usually the endlink is adjustable for length. I would guess it was pretty much in the same place -- there isn't a lot of room to play with.

The concept is to have the endlink in line with the vertical travel of the lower arm (which is an arc when viewed from the front, so the endlink would represent a chord to that arc), and as close to vertical as possible fore and aft (as seen from the side).

-
Back