AFX Build PICS By Request!

-
How cool is that ? Congrats to you ,sounds like your hard work is beggining to pay off .I'm happy for you man !

yea he has to orders for 68 hemi darts and possibly a AFX ford and an SS baracuda so he wants me to got up there when i can till i go full time!

oh im so excited!

This is great news 805Moparkid!Glad to see someone has picked you up to help increase your knowledge.Your young and living the dream!Good Luck!

Wow, that's my dream job! Make the best of it, that's an opportunity of a lifetime!

I've known about this guy and his work for along time now, ever since there was an article in Mopar Action about 11-12 years ago. He had this orange Hemi Dart clone with a 440 and A/C that went 11's. I thought it was really well done, just caught the exact essence of the cars, he got the rear wheel wells just right.

Keep us posted with pics!

Wow, that's my dream job! Make the best of it, that's an opportunity of a lifetime!

I've known about this guy and his work for along time now, ever since there was an article in Mopar Action about 11-12 years ago. He had this orange Hemi Dart clone with a 440 and A/C that went 11's. I thought it was really well done, just caught the exact essence of the cars, he got the rear wheel wells just right.

Keep us posted with pics!

spent another day with greg at SS and AFX! sounds like i'll be going full time as soon as i get done with buying my new house! soon as the loan goes thru cu later firestone!

currently were working on two 1968 Hemi darts, one will be a 530ci 4 speed car and the other a 472 auto! aww it so awesome!!!:cheers:

Wow! Follow your dreams, congratulations. Keep us posted on your car and your career!!!

spent another day with greg at SS and AFX! sounds like i'll be going full time as soon as i get done with buying my new house! soon as the loan goes thru cu later firestone!

currently were working on two 1968 Hemi darts, one will be a 530ci 4 speed car and the other a 472 auto! aww it so awesome!!!:cheers:

Like the others have said...you got some talent there!! Good luck with the new dream job...and keep going on that AFX car. I've always liked them!

Cheers...

well i am still working for greg at SS and AFX and we are swamped!

little update i did close on my first house! now i need a shop... haha

so i don't have any new pics because its just been sleeping in garage BUT!

i am saving to buy tools to start the labor intensive work of straightening the body and general shaping. so my plan is to go gung ho so i can start up this thread again!

thanks again everybody!

ed

Good for you Man! I love reading about someone who has found their passion, and is able to capitalize on it with their day jobs!

Very cool,
OldMoparsRule!

That's my dream job, gotta be a great experience.

Tell them to update their web page more often like Mosher does.

haha i know right! i have told greg that, guess he has somebody do his page for him.

man one of the darts, the 530 hemi 4spd car is in paint! the other is being wet sanded...

as of yesterday we finished teardown of a 65 falcon post for the stripper and it will be an AFX with a straight axle!

here is a bump... not much going on yet because the dart was being a brat and i just had to pay for some non covered items because my heat pump went out... better 500 bucks than 5K!!

Attachments

• 100_3732.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 702
here are the pics that teach asked for

welded plates on the end of the main frame rail, then welded 2x3 and 2x2 for the little frame peices...

Attachments

• AFX 2 014.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 675
  • AFX 4 015.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 672
  • AFX 3 012.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 652
Thanks "kid". Another one for you. Do you have a picture of how you braced; where the C' pillar support (vertical) bracket was cut away from the outer wheel house. Did you do a post support, lke the trunk hinge?
thanks

Also: the vertical cut behind the rear wheel. did you cut into the rear of the wheel house???? I would think that vert. cut could be back towards the bumper another 2", so that wouldn't happen.

Thanks "kid". Another one for you. Do you have a picture of how you braced; where the C' pillar support (vertical) bracket was cut away from the outer wheel house. Did you do a post support, lke the trunk hinge?
thanks

Also: the vertical cut behind the rear wheel. did you cut into the rear of the wheel house???? I would think that vert. cut could be back towards the bumper another 2", so that wouldn't happen.

to be honest i didn't brace the package tray area till after i i finished the floor... but i wish i had... i havn't yet made a permanent support for the trunk

as for cutting thru the back of the wheel wells, going two inches back made the outside body cut in a transitions that i thought would make more of a head ache during body work... if i remember

Attachments

• AFX 2 003.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 615
  • AFX 2 002.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 632
  • 007.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 648
  • 005.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 650
  • 015.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 620
ok so its time to start on the AFX!! moved it up to the shop today so now slowly but surly i can knock it out bit by bit...

P.S. if a mod could move this to member resto's that would be awesome!

Attachments

• 0519111307.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 591
well got a little done tonite after work! just pulled the k out so i can start on the engine compartment...

first thing is inner fenderwells!

Attachments

• 0520111901.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 596
Wow just read thru your thread awesome success story the car looks great.

Wow just read thru your thread awesome success story the car looks great.

lol its just rattle canned! but thank you! ive finally got enough cans of mud under my belt that i feel confident to finish this thing up...

hope to at least have it thru a couple of stages of primer by the end of the year... (money and just time as the issue)

i never posted pics wit hthe engine! DOH!

ok its a 440 block
440 source 512 kit with kbs
10.5:1 comp with a small .564/250* @ .050 flat hyd cam
victor heads

Attachments

• 512 Stroker.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 583
  • 512 Stroker (3).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 542
  • 512 Stroker (4).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 530
  • 512 Stroker (31).jpg