Air Cleaner 66 barracuda ????

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha me again!

The air cleaner housing from factory? On a 1966 Barracuda with a 273, 2 barrel. Did it have any markings as such? I mean like a sticker denoting 273 (like the commando).
I am restoring the air cleaner and didn't see a sticker other than the one for the air cleaner maintenance, on the side.

Is the paint, Glossy, Flat, Satin or Wrinkled? Mine wasn't wrinkled and I suspect it would have been Glossy. BUt it was to difficult to tell.

Oh..where to get said stickers/decals? Year One?

Mahalo!
Mike

Aloha Mike,

Just the one maint. decal and they were painted semi-gloss from the appearance of the dozen or so I've had over the years. It probably had an original techical designation for the gloss like GM with thier 30% and 60% but standard Krylon will pass muster with all but the very anal. LOL.

John

Thanks! Yours has a horn! Mine is without. I already painted the oil breather Semi....I got some SWEET powdercoated commando valvecovers from Leanna...when I finish it all up...she'll be real pretty! (The vlave covers...leanna is already PRETTY!)

Yours looks really nice...the valve covers just jump!

Thanks! Yours has a horn! Mine is without. I already painted the oil breather Semi....I got some SWEET powdercoated commando valvecovers from Leanna...when I finish it all up...she'll be real pretty! (The vlave covers...leanna is already PRETTY!)

Yours looks really nice...the valve covers just jump!

Thanks, it looks a little different now, with the 4bbl on it,
and {wink}, a 318, under the 273 vave covers and water pump etc... ;)

ce44.jpg

DSCN2084Medium.JPG

cavemanmoron sure has a dandy there don't he Dfnsmn34 :cheers:

Before and after...with valve covers restored by the great Leanna!

DSC06661.jpg

Valve cover and air cleaner.jpg

Mahalo you moron! Ha I just had to say that....It's so easy a caveman can do it!

Again Aloha and Mahalo!

It's on order!!

Mahalo you moron! Ha I just had to say that....It's so easy a caveman can do it!

Again Aloha and Mahalo!

It's on order!!

Good job on the breather Dfnsmn34 and leanna sure can bring parts back to life =P~
It's so easy a caveman can do it :toothy10::toothy10: Good one :toothy10:

Ke aloha nô me ka mahalo kâua!

le`ale`a makemake Kokua, lawelawe lima
aloha

I hope those 2 things, mean what I want them to.

Again Aloha and Mahalo!

It's on order!!

Can a caveman tell me if a 63 64 65 66 Dart trunk mat is the same as a 66 Valiant ? :cheers:

makemake = ? :-k

close enough...Mahalo nui!

make.make
1. nvt. Desire, want, wish; to want, like, prefer, favor, wish; willing (often replaced colloquially by mamake). See make 2. E mālama ʻia Kou makemake, may Thy will be done. hoʻo.make.make To cause or feign desire.

Should be the same, Dart or Valiant. Barracuda will be different.....

1963-66 dart dart gt grey plaid

Manufacturer: Auto Custom Carpet
Trunk Compartment : Trunk Mat
Part No: TM2729 List Price: $46.20
Your Price: $42.00
http://www.hardensmcw.com/ListItems/Trunk Compartment/Trunk Mat/Page/2.aspx
Thank you chief :cheers: I am glad we have a caveman on line today :happy10: :toothy10:

close enough...Mahalo nui!

make.make
1. nvt. Desire, want, wish; to want, like, prefer, favor, wish; willing (often replaced colloquially by mamake). See make 2. E mālama ʻia Kou makemake, may Thy will be done. hoʻo.make.make To cause or feign desire.

You should have seen my wife's face when I was trying to say that :toothy10:

With the help of FABO and its members (cavemanmoron and Cudachick1966 8) ) my engine looks...MUCH better!

Here is a before and after... whatcha think? Aloha!

I gotta do somthin about the heater hoses though...they are routed to short and I need two more spark plug wire looms.

Anyone know where I can get those?

engine small.jpg

Engine 66 cuda 8-9-9 (4).jpg

Engine 66 cuda 8-9-9 (1).jpg

i know...is it red or orange for a 66? It looks orange on other parts of the engine.

I'm curious though...how many people paint the aftermarket intakes?

PS~C130 Chief...I grew up in boise....

Its red. International Harvester red is what I used. Closest color, off the shelf, I could fine.

i know...is it red or orange for a 66? It looks orange on other parts of the engine.

I'm curious though...how many people paint the aftermarket intakes?

PS~C130 Chief...I grew up in boise....

Mopar Industrial Red.

I painted my Edlebrock Ld4B intake. :)

Let the paint dry/ cure in the cellar for 2 days,
Then baked it in the oven 200f @ 20 mins, 250f @ 10 more mins. :)

Your Spark Plug wire seperators.... Year One

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=1

G137 Spark plug wire retainer (holds 2 wires) for 1966-1967 A-body models. Reproduction. $2.95

g137.jpg

Ke aloha nô me ka mahalo kâua!

DSCN0594Small.JPG

-
Back