air cleaner adapter

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
How have you guys put open element/ different air cleaner assemblies on your slants?

I want to either run a 5 1/8" open element or a newer Dakota style tube with a cone filter on my 1bbl...

What carb are you using? If I was going to run an open element with a one barrel I would just get the breather off a mid 60's slant and trim the sides off. Two barrel has some more options, but there are lots of options for 4 bbl guys.

I'm running the stock holley 1920 1bbl and want to run a air filter setup with 5 1/8" neck (typical 4bbl air cleaner)

What carb are you using? If I was going to run an open element with a one barrel I would just get the breather off a mid 60's slant and trim the sides off. Two barrel has some more options, but there are lots of options for 4 bbl guys.

Thants what I did :glasses7:

You can get plastic adapters (ebay). Don't know about 1 bbl, but I have adapters for my 2 barrels to standard 5-1/8" 4 bbl air filter base. One carb is a Carter BBD and the other a Rochester WWC (I recall) and those 2 bbls are different sizes.

You can get plastic adapters (ebay). Don't know about 1 bbl, but I have adapters for my 2 barrels to standard 5-1/8" 4 bbl air filter base. One carb is a Carter BBD and the other a Rochester WWC (I recall) and those 2 bbls are different sizes.
my 1bbl is quite smaller than a 2bbl- I got my 65 2bbl 273 air cleaner to work- gonne use a K&N 10"x3" filter (from a early 80's Merc) and a 9" Xstream lid

-
Back