Air cleaner not centered for scoop

-

jeremy2146

Reaction score
Is there a base plate that centers a 14" air cleaner, or any size filter, to go under my Hemi scoop? I tried doing a search but haven't found any useful info on this. I have a 318 and have it all marked out and its about 3" to the passenger side. Just curious if this is the norm for mounting a through the hood intake. I ask because it looks as though there is a kind of a centered stamped ring for an offset base on the underside of the hood. I have an air gap high rise manifold, with a hemi scoop ready to be mounted, just looking for some insight on different ways, and maybe a right way to do this. Any help out there?

All Mopar engines are offset in the engine bay, cut your hole and center the scoop on your hood.

theres a couple ways i do this. with the hood aligned, take a piece of long all-thread and stick where your carb stud is , lower the hood, mark the spot, drill a hole , and trace the size of hole you want and cut it out, or , measure from the fender to the stud and the back of the engine bay to the stud and put those measurements on the hood and drill and cut. and yes as stated , all mopar engines are offset in the bay.

The last time I looked in the Summit catalog there was about 20 pages of air cleaners/bases in there and lots of offset ones.

OK that sounds like a good place to start, I already marked it for the offset, adn wanted to see if there was a way to have the air cleaner centered of the hood instead...just an idea though hahaha

-
Back