air injection ports

-

hwp

Reaction score
This has been asked before I am sure. But need to know. I have changed my 318 to a built 360 in a 72 Val. I am getting everything put back in when I looked and saw the holes uner the exhaust ports. The Headers, (TTI)) do not cover them. How can I plug them so they will not leak. A in the car fix would be great, but I can pull it back out if I have to.

went through this exact same thing. i have a 64 dart with a 360 so it was real tight in there but we took the headers off and lifted the motor up an inch or two and that was just enough to get an air-powered drill in there (very short, right-angle type of air drill) a regular cordless drill would never have come close. anyway we drilled then tapped and installed pipe plugs then ground them close to flush with the head surface, bolted the headers back on with new gaskets and haven't had an exhaust leak since (knock on wood).
probably the best way is to remove the heads but i wanted to do it in the car because we had limited time and i had to keep the car on the road to get back and forth to work. it only took us about 2.5 hours to do it in the driveway.
-tim

I've got a 73 Plymouth Duster, i just reently bought the Aerohead 360 heads. I think they have these ports also, are they the small holes below the exhaust ports?

-
Back