Air Shocks

-

bob7four

Reaction score
Installed new set of Monroes and they slowly lost air. Jacked everything up and checked all connections. Retightened and checked with soapy water. No leaks showed up but they are still slowly losing air. Any suggestions?

I would replace the leaf springs with ones that have the proper arch and sell the air shocks. Rod

Last edited:
air shocks are great...when properly used

first and foremost, you got to separate the shocks (otherwise, you go into a turn, all the weight pushes on the inside shock, the air takes the path of least resistance, moves into the outside shock and the inside of the car drops even more)

then check your valve stems, those can leak real slow

First response totally unhelpful. Second answer was good advice. I will add a separate fill stem for each shock. Guess I just need to tighten stems a little more.

First response totally unhelpful. Second answer was good advice. I will add a separate fill stem for each shock. Guess I just need to tighten stems a little more.

Not trying to be funny, but I do think the best option is to not use air shocks. I hope that you get them fixed though!

I don't use them today, but I sure have in the past. I used to use vasoline on the 0 rings at the line connections to help seal, I think they used to actually recommend it.

-
Back