Alcohol carb

-

rick4106

Reaction score
Running a 10:1 440 906 head 557 cam in our bracket car. A friend gave me a 850 alcohol carb to try. Just wondering if it will work with 10:1 compression?

Just don't do any unnecessary idling.run it a little lean so you don't milk your oil.Alky has a bunch of moisture but is fun.

make sure your fuel pump is rated for methanol, as well as your regulator. Also, need to run a return line when running alcohol.

You want to keep from having to worry about milking your oil?

Never crank the car unless you can get it to 190 degrees before cutting it off.
The heat will evaporate any moisture in the crankcase, and keep your oil clean.

Milky oil comes from running it WAY rich, and only letting the car run a few seconds at a time.
Get it jetted right, and never cut it off until temp is at 190.

Tried the 850 that look liked somebody converted but was to lean. Used standard 99 main jets. Brought my 1050 Gary Williams with 176 jets. Car liked it. Picked up .1 in 60 foot and .3 in 1/8 with 5 mph. Car pics about 6 degrees in water temp in 1/8. Oil is clean. Made 9 passes playing with shock setting etc and only changed .07 total.

Strawberry? Hmmm...wonder if they have bacon?

I don't know about bacon but way back many mango seasons ago there was this guy tom who owned a BB-Q shack and a pro-stock car and guess what his top lube smelled like. since my hotrod is painted goofy grape guess what the top lube smells like.

-
Back