Alignment with ductile-iron rockers?

-
Most higher HP builds use the spacers, as they are solid and don't allow any side to side motion at all. With big lift camshafts, all kinda harmonics can set up and sometimes you can get some side to side motion. The spacers eliminate that completely.
Thanks for the explanation :thumbsup:

If I see any evidence of that after another few thousand miles (or ever make it to the strip 90 miles away where I can run it up to 6500+, that's just not safe on the street), I can always remove the shafts in the car and re-setup with spacers.

Thanks for the explanation :thumbsup:

If I see any evidence of that after another few thousand miles (or ever make it to the strip 90 miles away where I can run it up to 6500+, that's just not safe on the street), I can always remove the shafts in the car and re-setup with spacers.

If you ever need extra spring HMU. I have a box of them : D Have fun and enjoy putting some miles on that beast.

I would suggest shims against the hold-downs to keep the rockers from eating into the aluminum. Just mounting and turning the engine produced scratches in my case and I would think it would be the same with the springs pressing the rockers against them. I had the hold-downs machined so I could have at least 1 shim against each hold-down. Good luck!

That is precisely what I did :thumbsup: It's a little hard to see in the picture I posted earlier, but there is one thin shim between each rocker and the hold-down. (Two in one location where I ground too much). Thanks :)

-
Back