All electric Dodge EV, Doesn't look like an electric!!

-
I mean on one level yep seems OK, but it is like having sex with a machine in a future Stallone movie VS the real thing.

not for me in my life time.

sorry

I had a girl friend like that once!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL (sex with a machine) mike

The range is also estimated at 150-200 miles. It's anyone's guess what the real world range would be though since no one outside Chrysler or Lotus has thoroughly tested the Circuit yet.

probably a real world range of half that. neat looking car but i don't get the big deal with plug in cars. the electric being used to charge them has to come from some kind of fuel correct? nat gas,disel,nuke,coal ???

I was just impressed that it's a good looking car and not like a Scion or a Honda Element. Mike

I mean on one level yep seems OK, but it is like having sex with a machine in a future Stallone movie VS the real thing.

not for me in my life time.

sorry

Just wait until your in your 60's/70's. Intergallactic cyborg/composite non-life form sex will be looking pretty damn sweet. That is, if one cares anything about it at that age. :)

probably a real world range of half that. neat looking car but i don't get the big deal with plug in cars. the electric being used to charge them has to come from some kind of fuel correct? nat gas,disel,nuke,coal ???

There's always wind/water power (which I believe still use a smaller amount of fossils) but it will use whatever source fills up the grids. It's one of those products that doesn't get us away from being 100% independent on traditional sources but lightens the burden/demand.

I was just impressed that it's a good looking car and not like a Scion or a Honda Element. Mike

I agree. I would not be opposed to having something like this depending on the actual range of the vehicle, its purchase price, its expected maintenance costs and if I could stuff myself into it.

Some of the small towns in my area are starting to let golf cars run on city side streets. It doesn't take very much electricity to charge the batteries.
Mike

E-Z-Go has a new model that comes with lights and signals. I'm sure you can
get wipers and I know for sure they have enclosures and heaters available. Not something you'd want to use year round up here in Iowa but a alternative
to driving 10 blocks to work every day in a small town. 48 volt ac will go 20 mph and it's warranteed for three years (including batteries) to go 36 holes per day/every day. I sell tools to a E-Z-go dealer on my route. Hey do some amazing stuff. toolmanmike http://www.ezgo.com/personal/leisure/freedom_rxv.html

I always wanted to get a GEM to do all of the local running around. A neighbor has a two-seater with the long flatbed and he has let me use it on occasion to go to Home Depot to pick up supplies. He zips all over the place in that thing.

They do have their place. Leisure Time sells quite a few on line to people in retirement villages down south. May-be I should start working on a 66 Dart body for when I retire. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's always wind/water power (which I believe still use a smaller amount of fossils) but it will use whatever source fills up the grids. It's one of those products that doesn't get us away from being 100% independent on traditional sources but lightens the burden/demand.

Electric cars might be ok in places with reasonably priced electricity. Somewhere like California, it might be more expensive than gas in the long run. There was a COSTCO and Walmart in SoCal that had free charging stations....I'm sure they wouldn't mind you parking your car there and charging every couple of days...then there are the car thieves...

Factor in the costs when the batteries no longer function well. I say algae based fuel is the answer.

That's not an electric car. Electric cars are supposed to look goofy and have fender skirts in the rear, otherwise, what's the point in being seen in them?

Here in the southwest I could conceivably cover my garage with solar panels and charge the car during the daylight hours. Of course, I'd have to work nights, lol.

Electric cars might be ok in places with reasonably priced electricity. Somewhere like California, it might be more expensive than gas in the long run. There was a COSTCO and Walmart in SoCal that had free charging stations....I'm sure they wouldn't mind you parking your car there and charging every couple of days...then there are the car thieves...

Factor in the costs when the batteries no longer function well. I say algae based fuel is the answer.

Batteries are the big problem, both in their function and disposal. Something revolutionary in power storage has to come along to truly make electric cars a viable alternative. If I could store the solar energy I gathered during the day and use it to recharge the car, that would work perfect. Also, if the range were truly 150 mi I'd be good to go as I commute only 11 mi a day. I could recharge on Saturday and drive the tree mugging Duster/Ramcharger on the weekend.

Another problem is heat in the winter. Using batteries to power a big toaster oven like heater coil will kill the mileage in a hurry. Driving a compressor for air conditioning in the summer would kill the mileage too.

That's not an electric car. Electric cars are supposed to look goofy and have fender skirts in the rear, otherwise, what's the point in being seen in them?

Don't forget the rainbow sticker in the rear window, lol.

You don't start out building rockets by trying to go to the moon. We're in the slightly pre Model-A days, but people are willing to call it a failure if we can't jump straight to F1.

We don't have to import the coal, solar, water, nuke, etc that can run electric cars.

Leaves more gas for me!

if I could stuff myself into it.

That's the easy part, gravity is helpin out. It's getting out of the dam things that's hard to do. Iv'e come to learn with low cars it's easier to just open the door and fall out on the ground on my side then climb up the car to stand. I love having metal door handles on my car as I'm sure that I'd of broken a few by now if they weren't.

Is that yours?

Dodge1.jpg

-
Back