All things equal, How much difference

-

ColoMopar

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm still looking for the right car to build and there have been several options. I have two 70 Dusters, one is an console shift automatic H car. It is sad how this car has been abused but there isn't any rust to speak of. Somebody botched quarter skin replacemnets on both sides and began to make a race car out of it. It has a role cage that has got to go and a motor plate and collaspable steering wheel, all coming out. There's probably 5 or 6 hour of body work to be done on the roof also. I've got good doors, fenders, hood, and deck.

So here's the question, how much more value is there in it being an H car verses say a 318 Demon. Let's say that all things are equal in terms of work for each of these cars. I know the 340 car has value but I also know that Demons are rarer.

What do you all think?

Demons are sweet but I think an original 340 car would eventually be worth more if you can find a numbers matching running gear.

Build the Duster the way you like it. Only the "purists" care about numbers matching Mopars. That's for Chevy and Ford guys. :eek:)

Jim, post up some pics of the two. What kind of bild are you going for? As far as whiat car to bild, would depend on how much you are going to cut it up.

If you're worried about resale value then you're building it for the wrong reasons. Build it how you want it and just enjoy it.

H-code 340 cars are always in demand, but so are Demons, even if they have a slant six, people want them too. I say it's a toss up.

-
Back