ALLEN JOHNSON LAST PRO STOCK RACE TODAY ON ESPN @ 7:30pm

Would you like to see Darrell Alderman return to Pro Stock?

• Definitely...I love DA and wish he would make a comeback

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • No, he's too old. Let him stay retired.

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • I don't think he will ever live down the Nitrous stigma.

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I am glad to hear that the 2 best drivers in pro stock may be driving mopars. Erica and Jeg...

It all comes down to money. Talked to Warren Johnston at the SEMA show and he said "I can only come back to Pro Stock if I can run on someone else's money." So many great racers have been sidelined because of little or no funding.This sport if for deep pockets only.Don Shumacher once stated that it cost over $42,000 in fuel to drive his rigs from Florida to Las Vegas.So for someone like Alan,one rig $6000. Times 23 races $138,000 give or take.They did have discussions about no longer doing the criss/cross over the country to limit the costs and do more of a loop but NHRA turned that idea down.And that's just for rig fuel...........

So your telling me he knew nothing about it..ya' right:sign3::sign3::sign3:

NO!
I'm saying he had no control of what ever was going on. he had to race or quit. He had no voice in ANY decisions that was made.

But if he came back the reporters would be on him like Stink on ****!!!

Going to be a great Mopar year in Pro Stock..Glad the Johnsons are still in the Mopar Camp.. :)

I'm different than most in that I like big ole scoops on cars..... but I have to say I really like the look of the Dart without it. I'm far from an expert but I think the EFI will more than likely make up the difference in power that was gained from the scoops.Those are very competitive numbers to start out with.

Got the latest issue of MCG in the mail the other day and there was a half page article on the new Mopar Pro-Stock team of Enders and Coughlin. Article stated that Coughlin was a five time series champ (true) and all of them in Dodges (ahh - not true). His last one in 2013 yes, but the previous four were all in GMs. His last one was when he teamed up with Mopar stalwart Johnson and won six events on his way to the 2013 championship.

What about Johnson? Guy carries the banner for Mopar for 20 years. Wins a championship in 2012 and a 1-2 finish with Couglin in 2013. What does Ma Mopar do? Well they dump him of course and throw their support behind Elite Motorsports with Enders and Coughlin? Sucks for Johnson - now he's on the outside looking in. Makes me want to barf. I've pretty much have lost all interest now

AJ has secured sponsorship for this year....

mopar will be an associate sponsor....give like a tow vehicle...

mopar went with jegs because of their business relationship with Jegs Performance parts...jegs took the money for two cars to Elite Motorsports....now lets see if Elite can make a Dodge run..

Got the latest issue of MCG in the mail the other day and there was a half page article on the new Mopar Pro-Stock team of Enders and Coughlin. Article stated that Coughlin was a five time series champ (true) and all of them in Dodges (ahh - not true). His last one in 2013 yes, but the previous four were all in GMs. His last one was when he teamed up with Mopar stalwart Johnson and won six events on his way to the 2013 championship.

What about Johnson? Guy carries the banner for Mopar for 20 years. Wins a championship in 2012 and a 1-2 finish with Couglin in 2013. What does Ma Mopar do? Well they dump him of course and throw their support behind Elite Motorsports with Enders and Coughlin? Sucks for Johnson - now he's on the outside looking in. Makes me want to barf. I've pretty much have lost all interest now

1 Championship in 20 years.......Just where I want to dump millions of dollars.#-o

-
Back