ALMOST FINISHED: 76 DUSTER

-

EDMOPAR

Reaction score
After four years I am almost finished with my MOPAR, its a 76 Duster, 72 340, 727 trans, 8-3/4" Moser Fabricated rear with Wilwood disc brakes, 3:55 True-Trac, like to thank yall for all the help, I am waiting on a Borgenson Steering unit and I have a heat problem that I am working on one change at the time, Champion CC2374B, 3-row, with (2) ten inch fans,fans come on at 180 and off at 160, timing is 13 initial and 28 total, (had it at 17 and 32), 195 degree thermostat, drilled a 3/32 hole in it, car running down the hwy at 2500 rpm at 60 mph, temp stays around 200 degrees until you stop and then it rises to 210 and will evently rise higher, I am going to install milidon high performance pump and try, if that don't work, I plan to by a clutch/fan and shroud from Mancini's, any help will be greatly appreciated, also ran warmer with a 160 degree thermostat, take a look at the engine pics and let me know if you have any suggestions about cooling system, thanks, Edward

SAM_1796.JPG

SAM_1795.JPG

SAM_1774.JPG

SAM_1776.JPG

SAM_1778.JPG

SAM_1766.JPG

SAM_1765.JPG

First things first... That is one SLICK Duster! Dang. You've got me drooling on my keyboard. Job well done.

As for the cooling system, I've heard good things about Ford Contour fans. Dual 12" with a shroud and it's easy to attach to your radiator. It's what I'm going to run when I get my engine back together. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-620-104/overview/make/ford/model/contour

What did you make the console out of?

As for the cooling question, I have a champion 3 row radiator with the Ford Contour fans and a dakota digital (Brand Name) fan controller and my car would be right under 200 all the time. Warmed over 340. I think you have your fans coming on too early and having them run for too long. Here is what I would do:

1. Replace your thermostat with a mr gasket high flow 195* if you have a stant
2. Change your fan on temp to closer to 195-200* and off at around 190.
3. Also the initial timing seems awfully low to me. I have mine at 18 initial and 36 total.

Running between 200-210* is not overheating, but I understand the concern if it starts to climb.

What did you make the console out of?

As for the cooling question, I have a champion 3 row radiator with the Ford Contour fans and a dakota digital (Brand Name) fan controller and my car would be right under 200 all the time. Warmed over 340. I think you have your fans coming on too early and having them run for too long. Here is what I would do:

1. Replace your thermostat with a mr gasket high flow 195* if you have a stant
2. Change your fan on temp to closer to 195-200* and off at around 190.
3. Also the initial timing seems awfully low to me. I have mine at 18 initial and 36 total.

Running between 200-210* is not overheating, but I understand the concern if it starts to climb.

Purchased from Classic Truck Consoles out of Florida ( Classictruckconsoles.com), Thanks for info

Man, car looks great. I was going to comment on the console myself.... the wood looks badass!

-
Back