Alter-K install.. theres no turning back now....

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
well dave,jamie and myself pulled my dart apart tonight.. i figured we would ge the old suspension out and if we were lucky get the alter k in enough to support the motor... well the old came out in about 30 min.. and we got the alter K in in no time... the worse part was drilling the welds for the bump stops.. what a pain.... still have alot of work to do but we definatley got further then i thought we would tonight... and man is there alot of room under there now... can't wait to be able to drive this thing.....

alterK%20002.jpg

alterK%20006.jpg

alterK%20008.jpg

alterK%20009.jpg

Nice! Real nice pics to. I have to check that setup out as far as price. Wonder how much they will give me for my oldest?

64dartwagon said:
Nice! Real nice pics to. I have to check that setup out as far as price. Wonder how much they will give me for my oldest?

lol... give bill a call.. there are so many options... he can save you money too.. mine is basically the entry level... it uses something loike a ford granada brake set up.. to keep the cost down... but being that they are mustangII style spindles i can upgrade anytime to the big brakes.. he has different kits that aren't on his site yet..

What great friends you have Joe, my friends avoid me (like I`ve got the plague) when there`s work to do! Looks great, is there a substantial weight savings using the alter k and control arms or is it more for handling?

nice, and thanks for the pics. im still waiting for my alterk. doesnt look to bad to install. let us know how it turns out.

Longgone said:
What great friends you have Joe, my friends avoid me (like I`ve got the plague) when there`s work to do! Looks great, is there a substantial weight savings using the alter k and control arms or is it more for handling?

its originally built to handle alot better.. but it should save about 80-90 pounds...

Dodgenut64 said:
nice, and thanks for the pics. im still waiting for my alterk. doesnt look to bad to install. let us know how it turns out.

so far its really been an easy install... hopefully the rest goes just as easy....

-
Back