AlterKation front suspension

-

oilfildtrash1979

Reaction score
Hey guys, im just looking for some input or personal experience on the alterkation front suspension! I just ordered one and it will be here in about 3 weeks... i have read some of the horror stories about CAD tubular arms and K members, and some other brands! I havent seen any horror stories about this RMS suspension...Can any body give me any advise? What am i gonna need to look out for? Thanks in advance!
I bought the a body kit with 360 motor mounts, front sway bar and 11" milwood disc brakes! =P~=P~=P~

Abodyjoe should be able to give you firsthand experience with an Alter-K kit.

I have never read anything but good things about anything from RMS. Crackedback is correct, Abodyjoe is one of the people you need to talk to about the Alter-K. He also has the RMS rear suspension in his car......

I have both alterk and street linx...very high quality stuff. you cant go wrong...there has never been anything bad about RMS stuff...never...not 1 complaint or failure...

I just got the UCA,s and Hymed strut rods from RMS,their customer service was top notch.Good luck with install.8)

look out for?

the only think joe needed when he swapped the RMS ( front ) over was brake fluid.

everything else was in the kit - the directions were clear and exact. no questions at all.

it's a straight forward true bolt in. Djv and myself couldn't believe how easy it bolted in. Like djv said all I needed was bearing grease and brake fluid. Everything else to drive into the garage with a stock suspension and out of the garage with the alter-k came with the complete kit. I set the upper arms will bill told me to and the alignment was done in no time.

Did ya get the power steering option? That an awesome upgrade.

Have had mine in my car since 2005 I think it was and I have had no issues at all. I put miles on my car too. It's no trailer queen that's for sure. You'll love it and I'm sure you will not have any problems. The product and customer service is awesome.

Bill is all Aces.......he backs his product 100%.......haven't had mine on the road as of yet, the install went very well both front and rear.

abodyjoe, i do not have power steering in my car...it was originally a slant six car, swpping over to a sweet 360! and i can promise you, it will never see a trailer! it will be driven, anytime im not gone at work!
djvcuda, that is a beautiful car...i was looking for a 60's cuda when i bought the duster!

I could not afford a bolt in so I started building my own with parts from Chris Alton chassises works parts, you can have a look at it in my photo gallery. It ended up costing more than I thought it would but turned out nice. $2000.00 after the fact but it was a lot of work fabing all the frame work.

View attachment DSCN3726 2.jpg

One thing you really need is a set of bucket seats to keep your *** from sliding out when rip around corners.

You might want to cover up or remove the shock mounts altogether. Bl\elow is what we did.

CIMG1710sm.jpg

CIMG1708sm.jpg

Here is mine installed on a 67 Barracuda I filled in the old shock mounts

Attachments

• 142.1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 759
67gtx......those look somewhat familiar, I had a member here slice these out for me.

scampman416......Nice fab work there at half the cost.

Attachments

• IMG_0042 (Medium).JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0043 (Medium).JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_0064 (Medium).JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 811
One thing you really need is a set of bucket seats to keep your *** from sliding out when rip around corners.

lol. isn't that the truth. when i had the bench i would have to hold on to the wheel to keep from ending up at the passenger door...lmao

You might want to cover up or remove the shock mounts altogether. Below is what we did.

one of these days i have to do that.. i still have the holes. its funny people look and wonder why i don't have shocks..lol

I worked on a car with one once, and it had one failed weld. Fortunately, the tie rod end is bolted/nutted to keep it from falling off. Bill supplied a new part right away.

-
Back