Alternate temp sender location

-

swies

Wish I had more time.
Reaction score
I have the RPM air gap and I am trying to install my autogage temp sender. The port in the manifold is too shallow to install the probe. Does anyone have ideas or pics for alternate install locations?

Autogage what? Photos!!! Ve muzch shavze PHOTOS!!!

Mine is an RPM performer and I found the bigger port on the passenger side was the deepest. Had to use the adapter but it kept it high enough from bottoming out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 112
I have the RPM air gap and I am trying to install my autogage temp sender. The port in the manifold is too shallow to install the probe. Does anyone have ideas or pics for alternate install locations?

Bush it.

Mine is an RPM performer and I found the bigger port on the passenger side was the deepest. Had to use the adapter but it kept it high enough from bottoming out.

This is exactly why I as' for photos. I'm wondering if he's even using the REQUIRED adapter

Sorry for the lack of pics, at work and don't have them with me.
The PO did have a galvanized bell reducer with a close nipple to get it to fit. Had to get rid of that. You said Required adapter, what is it? Is there a specific one for a temp sender?
Will get pics after work.

The PO did have a galvanized bell reducer with a close nipple to get it to fit. Had to get rid of that. You said Required adapter, what is it? Is there a specific one for a temp sender?

The adapter is nothing more than a reducer. Find one at a local hardware that will install in the intake, and house the sender.

Why I asked.........see the photo posted above........If this is a MECHANICAL gauge it requires a proprietary adapter into which the gauge sender screws.

If it's electrical, should be a simple matter of some pipe fittings

I have mine in the front of the intake, at the bypass hose port, cuz I do not need a thermostat, not driving in the winter

-
Back