Status
Not open for further replies.

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Contact seller
I need a couple insulators that are used on most all round or square back alternators.

1st one I need is the one that insulates the "hot" terminal from the case of the alternator. Just need the outside one so the alternator doesn't even have to de disassembled. Just take the 1/4" nut off and it's the little white insulator behind it.

2nd one I need is the insulator that is also on the "hot" terminal but this one is the one that is more like a protector in that it shrouds the "hot" terminal bolt so you don't accidentally short it to ground when working on the car. I believe they were also used on almost all round or square back alternators. I know that's not a great description but it's the best way I can think to describe it.

If anyone has either or both of these please PM me.

I have those if you can't find them closer. I would have thought your local auto electric shop would have had some.
Thanks, Mark

I have those if you can't find them closer. I would have thought your local auto electric shop would have had some.
Thanks, Mark

Hey Mark. The nearest auto electric shop I know of is 60 miles away.

...........Dont they come with a brush set?...........kim..........

The white insulator behind the nut (#1 on my list) comes with a condenser set but not a brush set. I have found the condenser set for $15 but since I only need the insulator I thought I'd try here first to see if someone has a junk alternator laying around they could rob it from.

The other insulator/protector isn't really a part of the alternator even though it's installed on the alternator. I found one on E-bay and here's a link to it to show you what it is since my description isn't very good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400261725410?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I might just as well get the one on E-bag since it's new and shouldn't be brittle from the heat of an engine compartment. Just kinda hard spending so much on such a little item. I'm a cheapskate... LOL:violent1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back