Alternator Relocation with Elec. Water Pump 340

-

dragduster

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any products out there for relocating the alternator with a CSR water pump on a 340 with J-code heads? This is in my 1970 Plymouth Duster drag car. Does this alternator bracket need to be fabricated? I haven't found anything from typical name brand suppliers, and didn't know if there was anybody making these out of their garage or something.

Thanks in Advance,
Brian

I used a Moroso electric w/p and they have a kit to install the alternator. The kit is not worth the money, I could have fabbed the brackets from my originals, but it is pretty. I got it from Summit, if you have the salesperson look in the Moroso catalog, there is a kit for small block chrysler. $100 if I remember right, way over priced but it works.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking around and was trying to determine what alternators could be used with that Moroso bracket.

Did you use a stock alternator? The Moroso site says that it works with Denso style alternators (93mm / 115mm). I call Moroso tech line and they sounded more confused than me. All I wanted was a basic list of the alternators that it could be used with.

It seems to me that the Powermaster alternators are the only ones that are Denso style. What amperage should be used also? I was looking at 60A, but the Summit Tech line said that 60A would not be enough for the street.

My car will be strictly a drag car for now, but there may be some time in a couple of years when I want to go to the downtown cruise the gut type things. I probably wouldn't be going to work and back.

Just curious of your opinions on amperage and what style alternator to use with the Moroso bracket.

Thanks in Advance,
Brian

To deterimine the size of alternator you need to add up the amps of all your accesories and that will tell you how big the alternator needs to be.

-
Back