AMD glass any good?

-

evil 340

Reaction score
anybody out there ever deal with the AMD reproduction glass? i m thinking about buying the whole set for my 72 demon resto, but i want some opinions on the stuff before i spend 1000 bucks for the set. if anyone has any complaints or anything to share about this glass....please don t hold it in. PICS OF GLASS APPRECIATED. thanks in advance

Bought complete set (tinted) for my sons 72 Duster , have not installed it yet but it looked pretty nice when we pulled a couple of pieces upon delivery

I bought a windshield for the 70 Duster, went in fine, no issues yet.

I'm in the same boat as evil 340 and would like to know as well how the AMD glass is.

Anybody out there buy amd glass? If so...tell us about it

Being an AMD dealer where I work I have had nothing but positive feedback on their glass, and we have sold several sets. I have seen it in person and it is very nice. I got my dad a drivers door glass for his 71 demon, it fit nice and it looks great. We have also installed a pair of door glass in a 71 cuda with the same results. If you need a place to purchase it check out our website. I'm sure we have the best price out there, or at least you can compare to other dealers. www.restorationperformance.com

dad put the whole set in 70 340 Duster he did and he loved them. No scratchs to worry about. Looked great

Curtis

I put an AMD windshield in a '72 Demon for a customer, went in ok but it seemed like it was just a touch too tall.....

I have yet to see an aftermarket part that was exactly the same though so with that in mind it was great.

Bought tinted set the quarter glasses are wavy around the edges have not put side glasses in yet

Having worked for Pilkington North America, AMD doesn't make the glass. It comes out of a plant in Taiwan. Most is pretty good, but like all glass it's a crapshoot. The E body door glass is absolutely terrible. Tempered parts (side glass) seem to have the most issues.

Having worked for Pilkington North America, AMD doesn't make the glass. It comes out of a plant in Taiwan. Most is pretty good, but like all glass it's a crapshoot. The E body door glass is absolutely terrible. Tempered parts (side glass) seem to have the most issues.

I was told to be careful also. New repop glass can be thin and wavy . I bought a front window from AMD for my 68 Dart went to put it in and it almost fell through the opening . After a couple tries ,we measured and found out indeed it was too small. Got to checking code #'s and calling Amd they had sent a Duster window Marked Dodge Dart. So they sent another window. Went to put it in and again the same problem. This time code was Dart and label was Dart.
Called AMD again we both agreed it was getting too expensive for them to eat shipping. I called one of the local window installers . Had a front window put in no problem.

Damn. Sounds like mixed thoughts anybody have pictures they can post??

-
Back