Ammeter terminal position

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance. What is the correct orientation of the leads to a standard factory wired ammeter?

Top or bottom photo?

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG
PerhapsView attachment 1714999283 , but I think I had mine out a few times before I noticed that.

The dash is upside down and backwards on the bench and I got the new defrost hoses on the vents. Didn't bother to even look if there were markings I thought I was ready to put the dash back in but then I realized the ammeter terminals and a few other things needed attention like vacuum tubing etc etc.
The hurrier I go the behinder I get

View attachment 1714999284

The dash is upside down and backwards on the bench and I got the new defrost hoses on the vents. Didn't bother to even look if there were markings I thought I was ready to put the dash back in but then I realized the ammeter terminals and a few other things needed attention like vacuum tubing etc etc.
The hurrier I go the behinder I get
Take your time with it on the bench... or YOU will be the one 'upside down and backward' fixing what you missed/screwed up. (don't)ask me how I know :BangHead:

Carefull when you power up. Those ammeters are known to short to the guage cluster. The one in my demon had the needle burnt off and when I installed another after the cluster was rebuilt we hooked the battery up and turned the key on and poof. Smoked the factory fusible link. Pulled cluster out and had to put a couple pieces of electrical tape between the ammeter gauge and the cluster housing to prevent any further issues

-
Back