amp wire thru firewall

-

69fastbackfish

Reaction score
im running a amp power wire through my fire wall, and was wondering if I should drill a new hole or is there a hole already there I can use?

There are about 37 different firewall plugs on the driver's side of the firewall, depending on which options your car does and doesn't have. I'm sure you can find at least one that will suffice.

If it's an automatic, I usually use the clutch pedal linkage hole plug. It's not near anything else and gives you a quick route to run the wiring under your carpet. I drill a hole through the plug, run the wiring and looms, and once it's all in place and situated away from any moving parts, I silicone the hole to keep moisture out.

Just my $0.02.

-Mike

If you decide to drill a hole through metal be sure to insert a nonmetallic bushing, available at most hardware stores, to prevent chafing of new wire and a dead short.

Really? C'mon man, you can figure it out, from the looks of your build, you don't need any hand holding.

The amp wire bypass is usually only needed if you plan to keep your ammeter functional. Otherwise, you can run a big bypass in the engine bay and short the ammeter to give dual feed-thrus in the bulkhead. Of course if a monster stereo, you might need more. Those with 63 & 65 cars already have built-in buss bars in the firewall connector.

-
Back