An alternator wiring question

-

Steven190

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for awhile, I am wondering if it is possible to wire my 75 amp alternator into existing wiring harness on the 69 Dart.
Wondering if I can run a 8 gauge wire from the alternator to the battery stud on the starter (battery in the trunk), and retain the original wiring of the car also. The wires are new M & H harnesses.
Following the wiring diagram, the original wire goes from the alternator to a multiple connection on the bulkhead to a multiple connection near the fuse box .
I guess my concerns is back feed to the circuit, thru the battery cable on the starter, or by- passing the cars circuit.

Thanks for the reply
I was thinking that a diode in the original wire to proven feed back.

What "original wire" are you talking about? You do NOT want any diodes in the main charging wire. Only "backfeed" you need to worry about is something on the order of a Delco, etc meant for a warning lamp. You need a diode in the regulator excitation wire. Mopar VR does not have this problem/ feature

The diode I was thinking about would be in the charging line at the starter stud.

-
Back