And I didn't get a ticket !!!

-

jimmer

Reaction score
So this was back in 90. A friend and I were on the way back from the beach. We were in My 73 Duster ( pic in my profile 400 bb mild cam dual exhaust 8 3/4 3.91 sure grip old holley intake and 4 brl ) the light turns yellow I look around think the coast is clear going about 20-25 slam it into 1st :burnout: sideways smokin em hit second :burnout: in time to see flashing lights :eek:ops: (So being the 19 yr old kid with all my wisdom) I decide to stay on it proceed to pass about five cars :burnout: whip into the apartments I live in and tell my roomate to get out n run. :sign7: I park right in front of my apartment run inside throw my keys then I realize my roomate is not behind me. I peek out my window and see the cop behind my car and my roomate in the car. ( I thought if the keys were not in the ignition he could not prove it was me driving )
So I realize I need to go out and face the music. The cop sees me and says :angry7: Who was driving that car ? I say sheepishly with my hands out it was me , He says put your hands down boy ( yes sir ) The cop looks like the incredible hulk dude is huge !! So he takes my license tells me to go sit in my p.o.s ( yes sir ) So the officer comes back and screams at me [-X tells me this is his neighborhod and doesn't want to ever see me driving like this again cuz if he does my arse is his . (yes sir )
He then tells me to have a nice day and I proceed to go clean my pants !!! [-o<

I got away with that ONCE in San Diego, my old 70 440-6, around 71-2 or so. If any of you know Frankie Trotta out on Long Island, he can confirm this. I'd taken him downtown for laundered uniforms or some damn thing. I rarely went to downtown San Diego. (I was out at Miramar)

So anyway, we are on this street ?? and some guy in a Chivvy is making noise, so I pull up to this stop sign, and did something I RARELY did, I just SMOKED them puppies across the intersection. I mean BUDDY there was smoke so think you could not see ANYTHING!!!! Them there kind'ha tire tracks that look like their at least 1/4" thick!!!

But...............up the block appears..................from an alley.................a push bumper...........and............followed by the white Ford of a San Diego cop. So I pull up there and stop.

"GIMMEE YOUR LICENSE!!!", he yells. I give him my Idaho license

"YOU IN THE SERVICE?" he yells?

"Yes Sir."

GIMMEE YOUR ID CARD!!!!

So he goes back to his car and it seems like an HOUR, and Frank finally says, "man ya gotta go back there and see if you can talk him out of SOME of it!!"

So I get out, go back, and he's writing on a clipboard up on the steering wheel, but I see no ticket. He ignores me, finally looks up an shoves my license/ ID back at me, and says...........

"I know you think yer impressin' all the girls, see if you can keep it down. Now get out of here!!!"

So anyway, we are on this street ?? and some guy in a Chivvy is making noise, so I pull up to this stop sign, and did something I RARELY did, I just SMOKED them puppies across the intersection. I mean BUDDY there was smoke so think you could not see ANYTHING!!!! Them there kind'ha tire tracks that look like their at least 1/4" thick!!!

I was in San Diego (North Island) in 95. I think those tire tracks are still there...

That IS funny. I miss the days of Miramar, but with the population down there, and the laws of CA, I never want to go back.

What did you do at NI? I was a GCA RADAR tech (ETR-2)

1983,351 Cougar 69 vintage. Crusin' light to light(you get the idea!) A really overrcammed ,premiered 64 Nova rolls up.Shouts" run on green".Of course,I did! Sad part ,I waxed him.

I had about half a block to impress my buddy in the passenger seat, so I put my 340 to work...well, 70mph in a 30 zone didn't really impress the cop that pulled up to the stop sign at the side street as I went by:eek:ops:

When I pulled over (for some reason, he turned on his lights and started following me:dontknow:) he pulled up to the passenger side of my car and said "Slow down!!!" and started talking to my buddy about something.

Early 90s. My best friend and I are in his 69 Notch w/ 440, Hemi 4-speed w/dual disk clutch, and 9" w/disk back then; now it has a 5-speed and Dana 60. We were on a 1/4 mile shortcut road that intersected with another 1/4 mile shortcut road which took you back to a high traffic road. So basically it's two 90s of a square. Well the shortcuts don't get too much traffic on them so we used to get crazy on it. He pulls onto the first road, stops, dumps the clutch and spins through all 4 gears on 10" tires, gets it up to about 100 and slows it down just enough to make the 90 degree turn to head towards the other high traffic road. Goes through the previous steps as before and slows it down this time to make a U into a local restaraunt to come back out and do it again headed back the direction we orginally came from. Tachs it up, dumps the clutch, burning through 1st into second, about the time he's yanking it into third we look to our right and see a cop car in a trailer park that saw us go past at 100+. He gets out of it and we proceed up to the end of the street to the stop sign just after the officer finally pulls out. We make our right hand turn and almost make it through the stop light to get out onto the main road and the light catches us. The officer pulls up behind us, flips on the blue lights, comes up to the car and asks for all 3 of our licenses (another fella was in the back seat) and takes them back to his car. We sit there for 10 minutes. I'm thinking they are going to impound my buddies car, take him to jail, I'd have to walk the 3 miles back to our house and get some money to bail him out and get his car out of impound. Instead, the officer comes back, hands my best friend all of our licenses and says, "Keep the speed down".

Man, I never got that lucky; I always got tickets. My best friend definately lucked out that day.

Ok I got a story for ya and pics lol Well my brother used to live 30 miles away and we would go back and foth from his place to mine in are trucks most of the time we drove like we was supost to . lol MOST OF THE TIME LOL . Well this time we was 1/2 way to my house and we are on a back road that leads to my house nothing around never is had dove this road a guzzlen times lol So i pass him with my truck singing all she would sing knowing his is faster and i would see a black flash coming back around me soon lol . Well at this pont im running bout 90 and sure enough here comes that black truck coming around me and right on by . Im loling at this point , then i see he aint lifting strate road for miles only a big hill but nothing to get air on ..... So i thought why not i kept my to the floor bord . Im running bout 117 ish and that little s 10 was becoming a black dot ahead of me well then i see flashing lights pull on to the road inbetween us I lifed on that dakota as fast as i could be for he seen how fast i was running remember i was running 117 or so lol . so no telling what he was running lol . so i called him (his phone went to the speckers in the thread lol ) I said ether lift on that BLEEPER .. Or dont let off hammer son .. I get ...... WHY ! .... I said look behind you ... I all i here is Bleep bleep bleep bleep ! You fill in the bleeps lol . I still want to know what he said to get outta that .. when he was pulled over i DROVE reallly slow I get the meanist look form the cop I parked up the street in a filed to make sure he didnt get toosed in the clink lol we drove home at the speed limt that night lol .... This story leds into anuther one i was not a part of kind of lol

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1511.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 194
Ah let the good times roll !!! Sweet stories guy's

Mid 80's and driving back from my girlfriend's house in Highland Park back to Chicago on the the Edens Expressway. It was about 2 am and no one was out {weekday}. I had a Torino with a ridiculously low geared rear (2.73) and a built 400M engine. I thought I'd put the hammer down and let 'er rip. 70 in first, 110 in second and the needle was pointing straight down well past 120 when I just glanced the tailights on the side of the road.... I knew it was a cop so it took maybe two seconds to decide to pull over, I knew I was busted and I didn't want to make it worse...

By the time I got the Torino slowed down I would guess I was at least a mile up the road, so I sat and waited. Sure enough, IL State Trooper pulls behind me and I thought for sure I was going to jail. he get's out of his car, slams his door, walks up to the drivers side door, sticks his whole head in the window, trooper hat and everything and yells "What the hell do you think you're doing on my highway! Do you know how fast you were going?" I said "not really sir, I have oversize rear tires and I don't think my speedometer reads correctly..." He says "Drivers license and registration!" This was before mandatory insurance laws IIRC.

Like many of you have said, it seemed like an hour before he came back..... He says "If I ever see you pull this crap again on MY highway, you've had it!" and stuffs a yellow sheet of paper in my hand.... As he walks back to his cruiser I open it up and it's a.... written warning! Whew! My record was relatively clean at that time, I wasn't drinking, there was no traffic, road conditions were excellent, I was polite and I pulled over as soon as I could. Plus, I don't think he got me on his radar and couldn't clock me since I blew by so fast.

BTW, what I did was really, really stupid and I was very, very lucky. I deserved a night in the pokey, but I learned my lesson. That trooper probably saved my life.

I did get a ticket but ridiculously low fine...

September, 1973, and my daily driver is my '69 340 Swinger, R4 Charger Red with a white butt stripe, built with a nasty cam, 850 Holley DP, headers, intake, full-manual reverse-pattern 727, and 4.89 rear gears. Got a call at work that the brand-new '74 TransAm my then wife and I had ordered had just been delivered to the dealership and would be ready to pick up by the end of the day.
Needless to say I was excited when I got off work. So I need to make a left turn out of the work parking lot but cross traffic is kind of heavy. I wait for a couple of my friends to step out into the crosswalk to stop traffic and I pull out, make the left, and jump on it leaving nothing but tire smoke and black stripes behind me. Shifted into 2nd and the tires sound like a howling dog. Just then I look to my left and see a cop by the curb going the opposite way and his eyes are big as saucers.
Oh crap! I'm toast.
I get out of it and just before making a right turn at the next intersection I check my rearview mirror and see him making a u-turn with his lights on. I turn the corner, pull over to the curb, shut it off and await my fate.
The cop comes screaming around the corner and almost drives right past me. He pulls up behind me at the curb, gets out and hitches up his pants and walks up to my window probably expecting to see a teenage driver rather than a 20-something in a white shirt and tie. He gives me the usual lecture about how he could impound the car, etc. I ended up with an "exhibition of speed" ticket which is a mandatory court appearance.
So I go to court the day before the the appointed date, get on the docket, and the cop isn't there. I tell the judge I'm guilty but with an explanation. My explanation was that there was construction going on in the parking lot (true) and I must have had dirt and moisture on my tires (well......) and that my tires broke loose a little bit when I had to make the quick exit and left turn in a break in traffic, and that's what the officer must have seen.
"$20", he says and bangs his gavel.
I'd do a full-on burnout and 1-2 powershift in front of a cop for $20 anytime!

Near where I grew up in NJ there was a set of off/on ramps that were damn close to a race track, or so I thought. Was out screwing off one day and after several laps I was heading out for my ride. Came off the last off ramp, I was on a Yamaha FZ750, I just stayed in it. Flew past the traffic heading to towards Park Rd. Looked in the mirror and seen the lights. One of the cars I past was an unmarked. Had it not been for the accident at the light at Park Rd. I would have been gone. Cop asks me if I know why he pulled me over. With the straightest face i could muster I told him Yes Sir, because I am an idiot. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going when I past him, I said my speedometer said about 130. He informed I was close, 133 according to his radar gun. He then asked me if I knew about the guy they scraped up a week prior right we were standing. I responded I did indeed, the guy had the same bike and helmet as me and one of the EMT's that responded was a friend. I went on to tell him that Mike had called me at 6 a.m. after leaving the scene of the accident to make sure it was not me that was in the body bag. The guy was apparently pretty well ground up, he hit the back of a van that pulled out of a driveway. He was going an estimated 110. Cop took all my papers, came back with a ticket for failure to inspect, explaining to me that he had to ticket me for something and that if I continue to ride like that a ticket would be the least of my worries.

I just remembered the time I put my Duster sideways for...oh, about a block...and after letting off I see that the car coming the opposite way is a ghost car. He turns his lights on, and at the intersection I turn right and pull over. He pulls in behind me.
He comes up to the car and says "car goes sideways when you do that, huh?"
I say "yeah, a little..."
He says "you have a nice car- keep it on the road." and goes back to his car and drives away.

-
Back