Another 1973 plymouth duster 4 speed bench seat question

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
Maybe anyone can answer, but my question is I have a 73 Plymouth duster with a bench seat factory 4 speed. I've spent a lot of time trying to locate the factory shifter handle which I have. I was just wondering it seems like the shifter handle is close to the Steering wheel or the driver side if you will not sure.If.
This is normal or not.. Seems like if it was bet away from the driver a little more.It would be a lot more practical but it is functional as is.

Kind of what it looks like

20240425_184241.jpg

20240425_184220.jpg

20240425_184609.jpg

No way. Don't want to say that someone screwed you, but did you buy that online?
This is what the ad said HURST MOPAR A Body 7926 Original OEM 4 Speed Bench Seat Duster / Dart Used... And I verified with another post.That is the correct part number for the bench seat that year.... But I agree something is not right

This is the two that they offered a two bolt And the other one. I have the two bolt like is pictured... Has the correct part number stamped on it

7036-7926 A-BODY.jpg

That's not a 73 steering wheel -that's why it's too close. The 73 wheel comes out farther

Like others have mentioned, that handle looks bent to me, and the wrong steering wheel. If I remember when I go home, I'll take a picture of the handle/wheel in my 72 Demon.

Last edited:
The top pics are from dan..and the last two are mine..both in neutral. Something is definitely not right. If the #7926 Is the correct shift or handle for my 73 duster Then I am not sure what is going on.

Here is another picture of the part number #7926 This is what I currently have. The other
Picture is the same part someone had given me of the correct one for me duster. As others have said..Looks bent to me.... How can I fix this?

7036-7926 A-BODY (1).jpg

20240504_120617.jpg

-
Back