Another day of maintenance. This time my flowbench

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last week I was flowing a set of plus 305cfm set of Speedmaster heads and I could hear some turbulence and see some rolling numbers starting. I finished the flow test and set the lift at .550 and started checking shortside airspeed where I figured the issue was. Speed numbers were great across the turn and I said hey wait a minute. I squeezed the rubber line where my pedo tube pushes on and bammmm, pegged my meter at 401fps. So I happened to have some spare line for my portable electronic Dwyer manometer and switched the lines out and all is good. So I figured if those lines were getting old it’s time to change them all. I mean it cost like 6.50 to do. I wish I had written the year I built this thing and had a ballpark idea of how many flow tests I’ve done with it. When I get caught up or possibly this Fall I gotta check the brushes on three of these motors but that’s to involved for now.

IMG_2965.jpeg

IMG_2967.jpeg

IMG_2968.jpeg

IMG_2969.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

That's a lot of stuff .
Id be very lost on that

Not to be pedantic, but it should be pitot tube. LOL
I'm assuming it's a voice translation typo though.

Man if I had that much brains, I'd take um out and play with um.

Man if I had that much brains, I'd take um out and play with um.

This build tested my abilities a few times. The only thing I didn’t do was cut the pieces and I had a carpenter friend of mine do that. He had a nice little shop with the right equipment to handle 4 x 8 sheets.

Where did you get the plans or ideas to build this bench?

Where did you get the plans or ideas to build this bench?

I joined Bruce’s website months before I built my bench. I had already had a big six motor homemade bench that I bought with all electronics but it worked at 10 inches of depression. I the bought a big blower bench with 2 manometers and hated it. The weather affected it all day long. So I sold it and built my current bench. I then sold my old electronic bench to a friend at a giveaway price. He played with porting before but has learned a lot now. Bruce is out in eastern Pa and is great to work with. Back then his plans were 50.00 but I’m sure they aren’t much more now.

PTS Homepage

I joined Bruce’s website months before I built my bench. I had already had a big six motor homemade bench that I bought with all electronics but it worked at 10 inches of depression. I the bought a big blower bench with 2 manometers and hated it. The weather affected it all day long. So I sold it and built my current bench. I then sold my old electronic bench to a friend at a giveaway price. He played with porting before but has learned a lot now. Bruce is out in eastern Pa and is great to work with. Back then his plans were 50.00 but I’m sure they aren’t much more now.

PTS Homepage
Thanks

-
Back