another dog shot in the 'hood.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Just stopped to talk to our neighbors. They had dug a good sized pit down by the road. Did not quite understand what he said but they are in essence going to be breeding rabbits. I did not say much...he asked what happened to the one Hound...told him we had to put him to sleep. And that we will be getting a pair of young Redbones here in 10 or so weeks. He mentioned they will be getting some chickens, geese and a few goats. He said that if any of them make it thru the fence to our property that will just write them off...

Alex, the neighbor, asked if I knew who owned the white pit bull. I told him I did and that I had some troubles with the dog harassing me while I was working on the road. He said that I was not going to have that trouble anymore as the pit bull is buried in his yard. His sister-in-law had it chase her down the road growling at her truck the entire way. The dog followed her up the driveway. Alex heard the commotion and came out with a rifle. The dog approached him in a very aggressive manor, showing its teeth and growling. So he did what he had to.

Some dogs are just like some people. Just mouthy. But you never know. Better safe than sorry just incase.

Good for your neighbor. Stray dogs are good for nuthin just like their owners.

One day I was in a thrift shop looking at one of those electric "shock" dog collars. I told the lady I was thinking about getting it for my neighbor's dog.

"Do you think it would help?" She asked?

"Yes" I said, "But I'm not sure I'm man enough to get it on the neighbor!!!"

Went to get our CCW's renewed today. While they were doing the paper work on mine I was talking with a Sheriff. I made mention that we have several dogs in our hood that more or less roam free. He asked me if we lived in Ponderosa Acres...said they have received several complaints about the dogs. I made mention of having troubles getting chased while on the bike.....his suggestion was to shoot them. We have no animal control. When someone calls about dogs they have to dispatch a sheriff. There is only 17 Sheriff's to patrol 2481 square miles. He told me that he has personally talked to an individual on James St (the owner of the now deceased pit lives on James) 3 times so far this year alone. He said than when they respond to one of these dog calls the only thing they can really do is try to find where the dog lives and talk to the residents...

All our deputies out here tell me to shoot them as well.

Up here in Canada a guy ended up in jail for swatting a wild raccoon witha shovel. It was trying to go down his chimney. He was in town. I'd be doing life if they saw me ridding my shed of raccoons,

Up here in Canada a guy ended up in jail for swatting a wild raccoon witha shovel. It was trying to go down his chimney. He was in town. I'd be doing life if they saw me ridding my shed of raccoons,

Yup that's the way it is up here. You get more time for harassing game than for killing a person. Damn left wing idiots!

Jack

-
Back