Another piston option for the 273.

-
Email them and tell them to do a run with Mopar pin bore (or include .0285 rod bushings) and sell them as 273 pistons over here. perhaps a we bit larger market here....

You should also look at Ford 4.6 2V builds since there not a lot of 273 builds out there and info is slim and the bore is little smaller.
Should react kind of similar.

Yea
Email them and tell them to do a run with Mopar pin bore (or include .0285 rod bushings) and sell them as 273 pistons over here. perhaps a we bit larger market here....
Yeah Chrysler stopped building cars here in about 1982. They also stopped selling cars here.
Back in those days if you had a Valiant nearly everyone would harass and run you down.
GM and Ford dudes.
These days Chrysler are very much sort after.
Some of that could be the beatings we would give the other camps on the strip.
Australia only has a total population of about 23mil.
Our dollar is crap so anything from the USA is as dear as poison especially after the freight.

I found the existing clearance of valve to cylinder is 0.055
After a 40 over bore and the installation of 1.88in and 1.6ex
To maintain the existing clearance the valves need to be
1.86175in and 1.56ex
That's .040 on the OD of the valves
Really only 20th removal or 0.5 of a mm

My
You should also look at Ford 4.6 2V builds since there not a lot of 273 builds out there and info is slim and the bore is little smaller.
Should react kind of similar.
GM 253 4.2 is very similar also but the valves it had were already the biggest that could go in. The biggest thing that improved its performance was the porting. Core shift on casting on the heads and as well as the intake manifold meant that some of the ports had been restricted almost half of what they should of been one in particular was down to 1/3 of what it should have had.
Some of the ports had lumps of cast iron partially blocking the runners.
I must say I have never ever seen such crappy casting on Mopars and I have had a lot of them.

-
Back