Another Reason why u should NEVER line up next to an IMPORT

What is the preferred rear end for your Race Mopar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
At our track, you get maybe 2 runs a night because of them. Mostly spewing metal and fluids at the start line. What tech inspection?lol

At our track, you get maybe 2 runs a night because of them. Mostly spewing metal and fluids at the start line. What tech inspection?lol

I used to be one that complained about imports and young dumb kids on test and tune night but the more tracks close the happier I am just to see young kids with an interest in racing. At one time there were old guys running hot rods and gassers at the track complaining about muscle car kids breaking parts on their daily drivers at the track.

I used to be one that complained about imports and young dumb kids on test and tune night but the more tracks close the happier I am just to see young kids with an interest in racing. At one time there were old guys running hot rods and gassers at the track complaining about muscle car kids breaking parts on their daily drivers at the track.

I 100% agree with this. I don't have to like what they are into but I for one am glad they are racing. I would bet as the new muscle becomes a little older they will be buying these up as we all did with our older MoPar iron. My first car not vehicle was an 80 Chevy Malibu... when you could get one for $500 and go race for another $1500 in mods.

Last year I had some Honda blow a tire at the stripe and vere in front of me in the shut down. Here I am at nearly a 120 MPH with some peice of crap cutting me off. It was all I could do not hit this idiot.

Like said earlier I'm glad to see new blood at the track, but for chit sake this crowd is dumb and annoying. Half the time they can't make a clean pass, or they're blowing something up, and most of them can't drive.

I am also glad to see the young guys racing. I drive an hour and a half to get to the track and it does get annoying to only get 2 runs in 4 hrs. 20 years ago could get 5 to 10 passes with maybe more cars. The imports do break alot so out of the 4 hrs. 2hrs. are clean up. But its not all imports. Cars now have 800+ hp so they break alot to. I see 7 and 8 sec. street cars now. I like to race the imports because the totally suck at bracket racing no consistency at all. Most are pretty good kids just having fun, and that's what its all about. At least their at the track where its safe.

Dont get me wrong, I am glad they are racing and not playing video games. The clapped out civics all duct taped together are what made me mad. The whole night was watching the oil dry crew.

30 years ago I remember towing 2 hours in traffic to OCIR tnt. In the staging lanes all night just to make 2 passes. And they would have a 45 minute lunch break......

i rarely ever see imports at a regular bracket day or even at the track much at all. unless there is an import race coming up they are scarce. there are enough dumbasses with v8s and rear wheel drive at the track as it is.

does anyone remember when other racers would go and help the young kids out for no reason other than to be safer for everybody? lost in the generations i guess.

When I used to go, can't wait to get back, even though there was a mix, it was fun to walk around inbetween rounds and oil spills to look at the cars and what they have done. Grant it not sure how some got past tech but. Course at fontana dragway ca it's like others can be there all day and maybe get 2-3 runs but it is nice to see people out and racing.

Found the 2 pictures of that GTR from that video at the beginning of this thread, it got fully repainted a different color, I did not work on it as I changed jobs/towns at the time.

Attachments

• IMG01028-20130918-1124.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG01569-20140624-1655.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 68
-
Back