Another shipping cost gripe....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Holy shipping cost, Batman!!!

6 pound item. Box measures 32x29x6.

86 friggin bucks for a ten hour ride in a ups or mail truck.

On another note, 445 smackers for truck freight for a pair of qtr skins. That's just wrong when the shipping is as much as the parts themselves. Kicker is they won't ship on the same day and combine shipping. Thats B.S.

Rant over...... for now.

Two Speedmaster heads packed in one tight box and an intake manifold in another box. Pa to Oregon 426.00 with insurance.

Holy shipping cost, Batman!!!

6 pound item. Box measures 32x29x6.

86 friggin bucks for a ten hour ride in a ups or mail truck.

On another note, 445 smackers for truck freight for a pair of qtr skins. That's just wrong when the shipping is as much as the parts themselves. Kicker is they won't ship on the same day and combine shipping. Thats B.S.

Rant over...... for now.
UPS is the key here!

As far as shipping goes....there are not any good deals anymore.....

Most all of the major players in the shipping industry now calculate the rates by volume instead of weight......up to a point. If a package is "oversized" due to volume or length, ...and it weighs more than 70 lbs, there will be additional fees on top of that.

Any package over 1 cubic foot now costs a whole lot more than it used to.....:BangHead:

The alternative is either drive there yourself and pick the items up, or go get a plane ticket if it's on the other side of the country.....

UPS always has discount codes running where you can get up to 25% off. Unless you're a major high volume business the days of cheap shipping are long over for everyone.

I am a Molnar Technologies dealer and I have all the products I sell drop shipped by Molnar because I can't afford to pay the shipping twice anymore.

They use UPS and it's crazy what they charge them, as I've seen the actual cost they pay. Here's a good one for you. UPS now charges a $15 surcharge on packages that deliver in the

country side away from the hubs. I sell the connecting rods and I eat the shipping cost because it didn't used to be that much. I recently had a set of connecting rods sent from Molnar in

Kentwood, MI (Grand Rapids) to Two Harbors, MN. The shipping cost including the country surcharge, and signature required cost was $38.00 The same day they sent another set of

connecting rods to a customer of mine in Panama City FL. That set of connecting rods only cost $23.00 to ship and $8 of that cost was the signature required cost. Now here's the one

that blew my mind. I had a set of connecting rods (which I should have mentioned earlier weigh 16#) set to a rural address in Alaska and those cost $85.00.

Fortunately I did add $25 extra to the cost when I sold them, but with that transaction I barely broke even on it with $60 out of my pocket for shipping. I guess it goes along with the

increase in everything else as well.

Tom

PirateShip.com !!!!!!!!

I signed up in 2 minutes last month. In just 7 outgoing shipments since, those customers have collectively saved over $200 versus counter prices!

One big box alone was quoted at $202 through the USPS but was only $63 using UPS through PirateShip.com.

I'm a fan of anything that can save you guys money and highly encourage anyone who ships anything to check them out.

They'll even tell you pirate jokes while you wait for tech to answer questions, or teach you interactively to talk like a pirate. It's comical to realize they not only make sending stuff fun but somehow sailed wayyyy back in time to When Shipping Costs Were Reasonable again.

received_642641167274116.jpeg

Costs are rising, not much we can do but it would be nice if packages were actually delivered. I sent my kid some Christmas goodies, cookies and candy and such, in December to Alaska from Wisconsin and got the package back yesterday saying undeliverable and unclaimed. Anybody hungry for some stale Christmas cookies?

Shipping costs have gone up like everything else and there isn't much we can do about it but here's what really pisses me off. A business with an actual business shipping account gets volume discounts for shipping. Instead of passing on any savings, some businesses choose to rape you (marks up) for shipping charges to make an extra buck. I know this for a fact because my business ships at what I would consider to be low volume and we charge our customers the exact shipping price, yet when I buy stuff for myself, it is obvious (since I can see what it should be) that they are inflating the shipping.

And another thing to remember is UPS has $100 insurance in the price and USPS insurance is extra if they tell you, sometimes they don't and lose your package and now your up the creek with nothing. I will never use the Post Office again. I just ordered from Summit parts were $12 and shipping was $12, package wgt. was 1 pound. Sometimes you can't get anything local and just have to eat the shipping.

PirateShip.com !!!!!!!!

I signed up in 2 minutes last month. In just 7 outgoing shipments since, those customers have collectively saved over $200 versus counter prices!

One big box alone was quoted at $202 through the USPS but was only $63 using UPS through PirateShip.com.

I'm a fan of anything that can save you guys money and highly encourage anyone who ships anything to check them out.

They'll even tell you pirate jokes while you wait for tech to answer questions, or teach you interactively to talk like a pirate. It's comical to realize they not only make sending stuff fun but somehow sailed wayyyy back in time to When Shipping Costs Were Reasonable again.

View attachment 1716094182

Thanks for the Pirate info, Leanna!!!

I've got a Mopar friend in Australia and shipping charges to there have gotten obscene. I just checked rates on 1 box, 12"x12"x6" weighing 4 pounds and found the following:
* $308.25 UPS Worldwide Express delivery on 06/01/23
$323.04 UPS Worldwide Saver delivery on 05/30/23
* $ 87.50 USPS Flat Rate, medium size box

* $ 59.14 PirateShip.com via USPS 1st class delivery 1-4 weeks
$ 67.46 PirateShip.com via UPS Worldwide Express delivery on 06/01
$ 72.75 PirateShip.com via UPS Worldwide Saver delivery on 05/30
$ 75.82 PirateShip.com via USPS Priority International delivery 6-10 days

Does this pirate ship work at a local price shipping place like this that offers FedEx and UPS shipping

Packing, Shipping, Mailing | Sarver, PA | Premier Postal Plus
No, Pirate Shipping is a do it yourself, package, weigh, create and print label and then drop off at UPS/FedEx/USPS type service.

Basically they are allowing you to use their shipping accounts (at a cost) and because they have thousands of subscribers using their service, the shipping rates go down due to volume.

Does this pirate ship work at a local price shipping place like this that offers FedEx and UPS shipping

Packing, Shipping, Mailing | Sarver, PA | Premier Postal Plus

I'll add to Boosted's that you can schedule a UPS pickup at your house for a few bucks more (or just give it to any UPS driver).

If your box is going USPS, put it in your mailbox and put the stick up; they'll take it when delivering your other mail.

Your biggest expense will be a scale, and likely pay for itself with the first shipment.

This was a 4 pound box to Texas from Tennessee.

Screenshot_20230525-233503_Samsung Internet.jpg

Phhhtttt.....check this one out.

I found a NOS vent window frame on eBay (I guess that says it all) for my A100. Nice piece and hard to find.
I thought I would be clever and pick up a pair of sun visor tips (special long ones) for the same vehicle off the same seller.

Sent a message asking for the sun visor tips to be packaged up with the vent frame.

:mob: Got to be kidding me..... a pair of tips for $25 ....I can handle that.... but an additional $21 on top plus all my local taxes pre-paid.

The guy couldn't package a pair of small plastic tips in the same package......I'm not trying to cheat the system.....just make a practical solution.

That's probably my last ever eBay purchase now. It's getting frigging ridiculous now.
Talk about man-rape.

Thanks a bunch 'fmmpar' :elmer:

PirateShip.com !!!!!!!!

Awesome shipping price hack, Leanna!!! I have an aluminum intake that would have been close to $50 to ship to another member half way across the country and PirateShip will do it for $22 and change.

And yeah, super easy-peasy to sign up!

Many thanks!!

-
Back