Another stray followed me home...

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I know it's not an A body, but these darned early B bodies keep following me home!!! It's a 67 Coronet Deluxe 2 door post car, 273 with A/C, 8 3/4 and auto trans. It just turned 70,000 miles. Not a bad car overall and the interior is decent so I just couldn't say no. I put a battery in it and it turned over but it wouldn't fire. I didn't have the time to mess with it, but I'm gonna throw some points and plugs in it and check a few things and see if I can get it running. It'll be for sale if anybody's interested. Oh, I hope the neighbors don't get too upset, the yards getting full, and there's no room at the shop so it's gonna have to stay here for awhile. Carry on all, Geof

Attachments

• 100_2551.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 100_2552.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 371
Wow they are sure attracted to your house. I wonder if one day they will find their way to mine. lol

Meee likes Geof!! I had the exact same, mine was orig a 318 column car, but got swapped for a 383 and I put buckets and console in it. Pm me with a price and more more more pics

I like that year and the body style. Was even looking at one myself on craigslist. They just take up so darn much room in the garage.

Nice score!

I think small block was looking for one of those. I love it. I wish I could find one out here for a decent price.

GREAT FIND!!!! Ive always loved the lines of that car especially on the rear 1/4s. The neighbors probably love you, they get a traveling car museum that constantly has something different coming in to replace what just went out and theey dont have to pay admission lol

You sir are very lucky, I have always wanted a coronet like that

first post car like that I've seen with A/C! Love how clean the tail is with no trim, somebodys gonna love that car...

Stop putting gasoline and oil outside the back door and these strays will eventually give up and go away. "If you feed them, they will come...":

Hey all, I know it's not an A body, but these darned early B bodies keep following me home!!! It's a 67 Coronet Deluxe 2 door post car, 273 with A/C, 8 3/4 and auto trans. It just turned 70,000 miles. Not a bad car overall and the interior is decent so I just couldn't say no. I put a battery in it and it turned over but it wouldn't fire. I didn't have the time to mess with it, but I'm gonna throw some points and plugs in it and check a few things and see if I can get it running. It'll be for sale if anybody's interested. Oh, I hope the neighbors don't get too upset, the yards getting full, and there's no room at the shop so it's gonna have to stay here for awhile. Carry on all, Geof

That my friend is a grrrreat car, I remember a girlfriend I had in Florida that her mom had when I was about 14 years old, I cam back the next year and seen that her dad painted it dark blue and put slots on it and sounded like he did some engine work to it =P~ Wide tires and would pull it out on the street and do a hard launch with it and turn around at the pool hall and smoke the tires back to his house just up the street 8)
That sure is a great model and in REAL good shape :cheers:
Congrat's Geof :happy10:

So did ya get her fired yet?

Hey Mark, I changed the points and condenser, plugs, wires and coil, tried to fire it up, it's wheezin' like grandpa on the couch. I think it's the timing chain or some other maladie, so I think my best bet is to change it out for this 1970 318 I'm harboring. At least I know that motor runs!!! In my extra spare time that is!!!LOL!!! Geof

If it is wheezing you may have some valves stuck from sitting. I have seen that more than once on old Mopars. I would pop the covers and look before changing the whole unit. If you are careful with stuck ones you can free them. Enjoy what ever route you take.

-
Back