Antenna

-

tinerman

Reaction score
Hi people I have a 72 dart and I'm getting ready to finish up the body work but I ran into a snag I cant seem to remove the antenna could some one help me? I have turned the top nut all the way but it still is not coming off. Does the part under the fender like a toggle bolt? thanks for the advise

it's sort of like a toggle bolt. its a half moon shape and you have to push the antenna in some and tip it out of the hole

I'm wanting to put my son's '73 Dart to bed for the winter and want to take the antenna off to put the cover on. Does the top nut just turn off? Does the underside need to be held fast? and then do the push in like you said? Is it reverse threaded? I have tried it both ways without luck but am afraid break something.
Thanks

For car cover storage, all you need to do is remove the antenna mast. No need to remove the cap nut, bezel, etc. There should be a cone shaped base at the bottom of the mast. It has two, flat machined sides to it. Just use a 5/16 open end wrench and unscrew the mast from the antenna body. That is the size I have on my 70 Duster OEM antenna but the later ones may be larger.

-
Back