Anti virus

-

DRENO

Reaction score
8)Need your input opn what to get for an anti-virus program.I was using the free version of AVG but it ran out,and now I got nuttin.was thinkin of purchasing the pay for version of AVG. I know there are some computertechs out there,your wisdom please!8)

You should have no problem getting AVG again, I have been using it for years, never runs out. Just don't pick the trial version.

we've been using AVG for 2 years now.... you just need to upgrade to the newer "free" version.

I have worked on repairing computers for the last 6 years and have cleaned more viruses and spyware from computers "protected" by AVG and other free solutions to know that its best to purchase good software.

I suggest Norton Internet Security, Not Norton 360. I also like Kapersky and Trend Micro Anti Virus.

Also note that It depends how you use your computer and the sites you visit that determine if your system get infected. Video gaming cheat sites, online gambling and poker sites, Adult sites are a major problem for malware and P2P software like Kazaa, WinMX, Limewire, etc. mainline viruses directly into your system.

If your like most people and do normal surfing, online purchasing from respectable vendors and stick to the best known car sites, you won't have a problem.

Having said that, having free antivirus software is better than none.

I have worked on repairing computers for the last 6 years and have cleaned more viruses and spyware from computers "protected" by AVG and other free solutions to know that its best to purchase good software.

I suggest Norton Internet Security, Not Norton 360. I also like Kapersky and Trend Micro Anti Virus.

Also note that It depends how you use your computer and the sites you visit that determine if your system get infected. Video gaming cheat sites, online gambling and poker sites, Adult sites are a major problem for malware and P2P software like Kazaa, WinMX, Limewire, etc. mainline viruses directly into your system.

If your like most people and do normal surfing, online purchasing from respectable vendors and stick to the best known car sites, you won't have a problem.

Having said that, having free antivirus software is better than none.

Good to know... thanks! I think I'll look around for a better anti-virus.

-
Back