Antique auto insurance recommendations?

-

shadango

Reaction score
Who do you guys use for your antique auto insurance?

I am considering having my 72 fish plated as antique..its currently titled regular, and going to antique requires having the coeverage at the time of having the title changed and getting the plate....

Can you folks recommend anyone? Obviously looking to spend the least money for the best coverage...LOL

I also want to have coverage on the car for while its being stored in case of fire, theft, etc....

There is no rush I guess as the car isn't running yet. But thought I would start looking into this.

If you have a locking garage, they'll play ball with you. If not, no insurance.

Taylor is a good one in the north, or go with Grundy.

Glad to see that you settled on a car. I thought that it looked pretty clean when you first posted the pics, hope you get it done "just right".
There have been several threads regarding insurance. The first question is how will you drive it? A daily driver is one type, classic car would be a different type you might want to look into.
For CC, we use Condon & Skelly (a Met Life co.). Handled through our independent ins. agent. C&S were easy to work with and paid out without a glitch the first (and only) time we needed. Like most other CC insurance, you are limited to how much you can drive it (to car shows) and it must be in a locked garage when you don't drive it.
C

I have used my State Farm insurance company for over 12 years. They have a special classic vehicle rate program but it also comes with some limitations such as how many miles you can drive per year, how often, etc. VERY CHEAP RATES. I do NOT have a garage either. I had a Corvair Convertable last year and asked for $4000.00 coverage as a "daily driver". That means no restrictions or limits on how often or where I could drive. They refused my request but offered $8000.00 instead at the same rate. Car got totaled a few months later and they paid off the $8000.00. In fact, they even re-imbursed me for my tag and taxes I had paid. Never had that before ever.

i have had this same question , i called hagarty they gave me insurance over the phone , emailed proof of insurance and a 30 day binder , they quoted me 214.00 a year for 20,000 dollar coverage . i can drive it anywhere anytime with a max of 1000 miles per year (you set the mileage) i do keep it in a locked garage and i am 35 years old also.

dewayne

214 is a great price for the year with full coverage....

Geico wants something like 266 for the year for just liability for standard insurance....

I have used my State Farm insurance company for over 12 years. They have a special classic vehicle rate program but it also comes with some limitations such as how many miles you can drive per year, how often, etc. VERY CHEAP RATES. I do NOT have a garage either. I had a Corvair Convertable last year and asked for $4000.00 coverage as a "daily driver". That means no restrictions or limits on how often or where I could drive. They refused my request but offered $8000.00 instead at the same rate. Car got totaled a few months later and they paid off the $8000.00. In fact, they even re-imbursed me for my tag and taxes I had paid. Never had that before ever.

We looked into that coverage, and the contract stated no coverage to/from or at a car show or similar event..........don't know if you can imagine that, but that was the case. Needless to say, you need to read the coverages very carefully.

-
Back