Any AMC Fans in here

-
My Mom won this Wagon in a contest,and then it shipped to Europe, where our family was stationed. I was 5 when they got it, Lots of memories in the back of that wagon

that is the coolest thing I have seen in awhile.

I always thought that AMC built and engineered some pretty good cars..... in general. ( gremlin????? not so sure bout it).... they also had some pretty good success with t he TransAm series back in the d ay!???

My favorite Gremlin commercial was in which people kept telling the driver someone stole the back of the car.
You know this?

[ame]https://youtu.be/rsRfLk94JX8[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/x7DFzl6ZU5k[/ame]

One I should have finished and KEPT!

Attachments

• Rambler44.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Rambler46.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Rambler12.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 157
Grew up in a household where the old man loved his AMC/Jeeps and Ford pick ups.

I've got a friend who's hot and heavy into AMC's. I just moved his '67 Ambassador wagon for him.

Odd that thread didn't come up when I searched AMC in the search. Before I started this thread I wanted to check and see if any others were started and I didn't find anything. That is an old thread though.

Thanks, that is really cool

Unfortunately, that show will never take place again and the potential of it happening is done.

The dealership building is currently in use as a used car dealership.

Once upon a time it was an AMC/Jeep dealership. The owner had some really cool memorabilia. He had a few promotional engines on display, a few survivors in his own collection. When AMC sold to Chrysler he got the Chrysler franchise. About ten years or so ago, he moved up the road about twenty miles and into a new building and restored the old building to it's AMC roots.

That's all gone now. From what I've heard he sold a lot of his memorabilia. And the building is now being used as a satellite to his main dealership.

Here's the rarest AMC I've ever seen. Fiberglass prototype for the 68 AMX built by AMC in 66.....:)

I have more pics if anyone's interested....

Attachments

• P1020474.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 145
  • P1020475.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 164
  • P1020477.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 163
Here's the rarest AMC I've ever seen. Fiberglass prototype for the 68 AMX built by AMC in 66.....:)

I have more pics if anyone's interested....

IF anyone is interested .......are you kidding ....that is amazing and puts you in another coolness bracket.

Attachments

• PROCEED-YOU-HAVE-MY-ATTENTION-meme-23827.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 165
I LOVE 68-39 AMXs. If I had a chance to buy a 390 4 speed one, it would be hard to say no. Would I sell my 69 Fastback for one; no.

Here is a picture of my wife's 1980 CJ-5 when I first bought it.

pk3a.jpg

^ ^ ^ ^Had a Javelin that looked like that. 74 maybe?? :scratch:

It was yellow with a 304/auto console...Cool car IMO

IF anyone is interested .......are you kidding ....that is amazing and puts you in another coolness bracket.

Thanks Rainy...Yes, I was amazed to see it too!! How about the rumble seat with the flip up rear window.

343/4speed WOW 8)

Here's a few more.....

Attachments

• P1020478.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 121
  • P1020476.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 146
  • P1020606.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 138
  • P1020607.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 136
That rumble seat is awesome! I have never seen anything like that, that is some out of the box thinking right there.

used to be a 390 amx come down from Kansas to race in the grand American ahra races. that was a cool, wheel standing , fast son of a gun. good looking car too !

Last year, before I bought my Demon, I nearly bought a '70 AMX.

360 c.i with auto, but I was in fact time looking for a 390 c.i. - 4 speed.
The AMX was in reasonable shape, but still a lot to work on it, so I stepped back.

The 1970 AMX is in my opinion the best looking AMX.

A Hurst Scrambler or a Machine I would also consider...

I've always loved the AMXs and Javelins. There are always some nice looking ones at Moparfest every year. Here is a pic of a beauty that caught my attention last year.

Attachments

• DSCF2191 (Copy).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 99
My brother owned the '70 and I owned the Spirit AMX

Attachments

• LARRY1970AMX.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 109
  • spiritamx.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 91
Had several in late 90s to about '02 when I sold em all.

'66 Ambassador DPL 2 door hardtop 327 (Rambler), 4 speed, buckets, console, ps, pdb - VERY RARE

'69 Rambler American 2 door post, 41k actual miles, 6 cyl, auto, grey with grey cloth interior

'67 Rambler Rebel 4 door, beater bomb with 290 3 speed on column

'68 AMX 390 auto, brown/tan, rusty pos that I tubbed and caged - could never find quarters for it, kinda got bored and tired of waiting and played with the red 4 speed car instead

'69 AMX 390 4 speed, go pack, Matador Red/tan interior, swapped a mildly built 401 into, best of 11.74 at 116 - fun street car wish I still had

I really like the AMX's and early Javelins are cool too and of course who wouldn't want a SC Rambler. My father-in-law has a real nice 64 Rambler 440 2 door hard top. When he bought it someone had installed a Chevy 350 with a 350 turbo trans and a Ford 8.8" trak loc rearend. The engine is real tired so for his birthday I rebuilt a 99 Chevy 350 Vortec that I will be installing next month. Would have loved to have seen a Mopar powerplant in it but it already had the Chevy and I got the Vortec gave to me in real good shape, just needed freshening up. It's already white so I'm thinking about having the SC stripes (paint scheme A) painted on since it looks so similar to a SC Rambler. He's a real gearhead so I'm sure he'll love it

I owned a couple Gremlins that I basically purchased as cheap beater cars. The 232 and 258 engines a practically indestructible. I later purchased a 1983 Spirit GT 4 speed that I drove for 15 years. Probably the most reliable car that I have owned.
Here's a picture of my son's first car that I'm working on for PA inspection. He bought it off the Alabama Craigslist and had it transported up to PA.
We're slowly getting it road worthy. The 1983 SX/4 hadn't been inspected since 1989.

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 81
-
Back