Any electricians in the house?

-
What I may end up having to do is build a battery bank, charged by chargers, and go that route :eek:

j

If the solar array has its own inverters and you are not trying to support a 400 amp load, then this is what I think you'll end up with.

Attachments

• Solar Diagram.pdf
    200.2 KB · Views: 95
Now, if I could find an electrician that would take on a project like this. I've also had problems with getting someone out to relocate the well pump to the new shop, so it isn't just electricians that are too busy for me...

j

If the solar array has its own inverters and you are not trying to support a 400 amp load, then this is what I think you'll end up with.
Essentially, I have a 30A breaker on my panel that is from the solar panels. Is there a way for me to connect a generator, fire it up, and disconnect from service, and still be able to power my house?

j

You have a source from your solar panel(s) that is energized simultaneously with your utility feed through a common 30A breaker? With no transfer switch or protection for utility out-of service conditions? I hate to be critical but it sounds like you have a catastrophe in the making. You need a engineering firm to help you identify just what you are trying to do and then flesh out a system to do that.

You have a source from your solar panel(s) that is energized simultaneously with your utility feed through a common 30A breaker? With no transfer switch or protection for utility out-of service conditions? I hate to be critical but it sounds like you have a catastrophe in the making. You need a engineering firm to help you identify just what you are trying to do and then flesh out a system to do that.
Post #43, picture one, shows the boxes the solar goes through when it was installed. It shuts down solar in the event of a power outage. What I need, is a transfer switch between service, and the split between house and shop to introduce generator power to allow the solar to produce during a power outage. I'd also like a battery bank in the event I need to go off grid. I'm not sure of the wizardry that makes it all mesh, but it has worked well over a year now.

j

-
Back