?Any interest? gauge / sender test tool / resistors?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Now that Radio$h*t is down for the count for many people, I'm thinking of

1....At least buying a bunch of appropriate gauge / sender test resistors. These would imitate the factory test box, so you can use the destructions in the shop manuals, for low, med, high readings

2.....Maybe building a repop factory gauge / sender test box, the C-3826, a first try of which I built for myself. That would be considered a "test mule" IE what I sell might be quite different, although, same in function.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=179517

If you are interested, I'll have to research a cheap box and small switch. Resistors are cheap. Someone recently posted a 'heck of a good shot of the original, here

Attachments

• C-3826-2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 457
  • C-3826.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 4,900
I used to have an original one of those Miller Tools gauge testers, but lost it when I moved and they no longer are available.

So yes, I would be interested in one.

That's the one where you can put it on "high, med, and low" and verify that the gauge reads correctly, right?

Troubleshooting gauges with a 12 gauge is not recommended, LMAO

I'm also interested depending on price....Thanks

I don't know. I'm thinking "simple switch" "simple box" and some test clips even a bit downscaled from what I built to keep costs down. After all this won't be used much.

I'm going to have to get busy and research parts costs and think how I can build a few. I'm not doing this to make money LOL

Is it any more than a multi-pole switch, some resistors, and test leads?

Well the trick is to get a cheap enough switch that will actually work, LOL, otherwise you are quickly getting into "some money." While I'm not looking to make real money on this, I don't want to throw away time either.

While more clumsy than one switch, a pair of slide switches would work, and "used to be" inexpensive.

I'd be interested in one. I know I have enough gauges laying around to test to make it worthwhile.

-
Back