Any mopar car clubs out there?

-
We have here in Ga, the "North Georgia Mopar Club".
Its a lot of fun and all Mopars are welcome!

Back in the 1970s I was in the California Mopars Limited club in the Whittier area. We had picnics, cruises, camping trips, a day/night at the races, and sponsored a charity event with the proceeds going to a local children's hospital.Many of the local car clubs would send a representative to a monthly SoCal Car Club Council where we would exchange event information and future event planning. Once a year the Council would organize an event for all clubs to attend in order to help promote friendship among the different makes and clubs.

Back in the 1970s I was in the California Mopars Limited club in the Whittier area. We had picnics, cruises, camping trips, a day/night at the races, and sponsored a charity event with the proceeds going to a local children's hospital.Many of the local car clubs would send a representative to a monthly SoCal Car Club Council where we would exchange event information and future event planning. Once a year the Council would organize an event for all clubs to attend in order to help promote friendship among the different makes and clubs.

Did they disband?

RPM-Regional Performance Mopars of Topeka

HPAC-High Performance Auto Club based out of the Kansas City area

WAM-Wichita Area Mopars

These are the 3 I know of around me locally here in KS. I'm part of the RPM club. The biggest problem we are running into is that the club is about 7-8 years old, and people are losing interest faster than we can gain new members. It's hard to get anyone to do participate in the events that are planned to be group events. We have done the car show thing in the past and have decided the reward isn't worth the work it takes to put on.

The biggest problem we are running into is that the club is about 7-8 years old, and people are losing interest faster than we can gain new members. It's hard to get anyone to do participate in the events that are planned to be group events. We have done the car show thing in the past and have decided the reward isn't worth the work it takes to put on.

It takes a lot of dedication and a person with tons of free time to devote to keep a club functioning. Its a lot of work, as most of us just like to show up and hang out ! Fortunately for us we've been blessed with people who keep it all running smoothly ...

RPM-Regional Performance Mopars of Topeka

HPAC-High Performance Auto Club based out of the Kansas City area

WAM-Wichita Area Mopars

These are the 3 I know of around me locally here in KS. I'm part of the RPM club. The biggest problem we are running into is that the club is about 7-8 years old, and people are losing interest faster than we can gain new members. It's hard to get anyone to do participate in the events that are planned to be group events. We have done the car show thing in the past and have decided the reward isn't worth the work it takes to put on.

Over half of the guys around here that I think would be interested in joining are over 50 years old. They all tend to be car guys but are usually busy with farming, family, their children's activities, etc. etc... Before I try to get something set up here I want to do my research and find out what works. - And find out why some clubs don't last.

I know that if things aren't reasonably well organized it's unlikely it will hold people's interest. But I think that if the club was too demanding on the time of the members they would opt out too.

I'm hoping to get a feel for what the best things are about each club that the members look forward to. - And what the pitfalls were that no one wanted to participate in.

My focus is on:

1)Creating a catchy name/logo that sounds/looks good. - Just like any successful product, the packaging can be important.

2)Designing a newsletter format that members will want to read. - Most likely to be similar in ways to an automotive magazine with features on member vehicles.

3)Try to figure out cost effective activities that members won't feel they've wasted their money/time attending.

4)Try to get a feel for how large/small a list of events should be. (a.e. If members hate to go to meetings on a monthly basis, would 3 or 4 times a year work better.)

5)Search for any other advice on how to set things up.

I have been in a few clubs other than the Indy Mopar Club and they are all pretty much the same.

You get a group of people. And you have a couple that work their butt off to keep it going.

You need to have well organized structure and you are right, cannot be too demanding either. It is a fine line

It would be best to have an idea and then talk to others to see what their thoughts are

CHARTER MEMBERS are the core of the club, so make sure you ask them if they are interested in starting a club.

Many people might be car people but are not CLUB people. So don't invest a lot of time only to find out no one is interested

Good luck forming a local club. With the internet it makes it much easier to stay in contact

Don't know how Facebook works but many CLUBS, including Indy Mopar Club has a FB page

Mopar PEEPS has some really cool pictures and he post questions. It is out of PA but people from all over join in

I would recomend joining a club thats already going. way back in the day i was in nor cal van club, and like has been said, its a lot of work, and most want to party, and not the business end. then i joined a young motorcycle club, and the difference was new people had a Hang around period to see if they would fit, and for the new guy to get a feel if it was what he really wanted . with the motorcycle club, any events that were put on were like a job. we didnt get to party unless it was another clubs event. even so, there was about 25 people doing 75 percent of the work. I could go into more detail, but no need. i do think the car clubs should do more like the motorcycle clubs and screen people wanting to get in to make sure they know whats involved.
Knowing what i know now, theres no way id start any club. i love helping, but to have to be in charge of everyone and everything else can make you crazy and takes the fun out.

-
Back