Any one using this slant intake manifold

-

sleeper-oem

Reaction score
Iam looking for a slant intake manifold for the engine iam building. Is any one using Aussie speed 0299 4 barrell east west intake manifold and if so what do you think and what headers are you running with thanks. Also considering Valiant slant six 3xDCOE Weber manifold weber set up thinking it will wake up the motor and supply fuel more evenly and allow finer tuning on carb. I was reading on Slant six org that it was a problem in the stock setup . Hope that makes sence

$(KGrHqEOKpQE4iIUqDPFBOKok0M!HQ~~_12.JPG

Thanks

Iam looking for a slant intake manifold for the engine iam building. Is any one using Aussie speed 0299 4 barrell east west intake manifold and if so what do you think and what headers are you running with thanks. Also considering Valiant slant six 3xDCOE Weber manifold weber set up thinking it will wake up the motor and supply fuel more evenly and allow finer tuning on carb. I was reading on Slant six org that it was a problem in the stock setup . Hope that makes sence

$(KGrHqEOKpQE4iIUqDPFBOKok0M!HQ~~_12.JPG

Thanks

If you're going to spend that much money (Weber$) and you obviously want a good-performing car, have you considered turbocharging that motor?

Bang-for-the-buck may be better with a single Turbo feeding through a used Offenhauser or Cliffford 4bbl manifold (cheap.)

Just some food for thought...

Attachments

• js640_js640_turboside.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,190
Thanks Bill. Iam going turbo for one of my builds. I got caught up in family stuff life i guess and moving so iam back to the build. I am a body man not a motor guy. I understand little about it but doing it is how you learn. I am new to engines but iam stuck on these slants for now. Its easy to go to crate motors why cool not that original. These are memorial builds for my family that have past. I have both motors out and iam begining tear down. One is a 225 and the other a 170. I am in Indianapolis and since iam dont know anything about engine tuning, building, or specs iam having somone else do most of the work (milling etc.) Indy cylinder head is down the street from me so iam taking to them for polishing porting etc they seem to be a reputable name and i dont know any slant experts personally here. I have spoken with them and they will do work on slants. I am trying to get advice from members for what to have them do. A grocery list per say. Its mostly greek to me have read up some and studied threads and its time to just go with it. Here is what i have some up with so far

170 similiar to stroker scamps build it sounds cool and its if i remeber dont quote me the only slant you can stroke and use 198 rods etc. I understand that all slants use the same head just some are hydraulic and some manual
just need specs to tell them get it to which a believe is .177 and 1.55 not sure on the pistons to choose i have to have them so they know the size to bore out. Also a 318 valve ans 340 spring. Not sure on rockers or cams clueless. I tried to get windage tray from a guy on here called i think Mike Jeffries but that has come to a dead end cant find a contact. Iam having them polish the crank. The turbo will have to be at a later date. Iam just trying to find somthing that works in symphony well that another has tried and works. Cheaper to learn from others mistakes and wins.

225 build i have the aftermarket ac added and would like to keep it. While boosting the performace of the car with head work, manifold, headers, ignition etc.

I like the look of the webber system but looks are nothing to performance but if not why not have both since i have so much wrapped up in it. I have read that the Hurricane can be to long for some setups. I think the webber hooked to a an ir box would be cool vrs pods.

Iam long winded and dumb please be patient.

I'm from Indy origionally now south of the Mason Dixon. Indy is a great place to take it to. If you want a custom ground cam, there use to be a cam manufacturer, I want to say around South St. downtown. Its been about 20 years sice I moved. If you have an oportunuity to go to the Dog N' Suds in Greenwood, I'm sure there is someone who is, or knows, a slant six guy/gal.

170 similiar to stroker scamps build it sounds cool and its if i remeber dont quote me the only slant you can stroke and use 198 rods etc. I understand that all slants use the same head just some are hydraulic and some manual

You use the 198 rods in a 225 not a 170. Almost nobody plays with the 170 these days since most believe that there is no replacement for displacement. Read the allpar.com and slantsix.org articles on the slant six for some reading material. The 170 would make a good canidate for a turbo with a manual trans. The redline potential of the 170 is extremely high.

While it is true that the heads all interchange, the camshaft profile, valve train, and lifters that are installed are what make it a hydraulic or "mechanical". The hydraulic engines use a kinda bizarre system for oiling the lifters, but it did work.

I would be little afraid of the triple webers just because of the effort required to tune and synchronize them. They make good power and look cool, but are pricey. I would rather go efi and the price probably isn't that much more for injection compared to the webers.

Ok mix up on rods maybe it was the 170 could be stroked. I may use the 170 head for spare now and find a good 225 to build. Thanks Stroker scamp suggested a guy in Pennsylvania for slant rig efi may go that route with one calling him Wed for price and info. I have read the donor one and like the ability to computer tune and full set ready to bolt on and cleaner look. Thanks mcdoople.

Cool a hoosier. I believe i met a man named Tony Fields at Chrysler show or maybe just got his card from friend of his that had a sweet black Baracuda with red guts on display there. Thanks for the input

-
Back