Any pics of 66 Darts with Racing Stripes?

-
Just paint the car and use plastidip spray to try different stripes. You can get just about any color and they make a clear for it now. None of it is permanent and it's easily removed. Then when you decide what style and color, take it to the paint shop and have the stripes sprayed on.

Anyone else have any luck with finding any? And why did Dodge use stripes on the 65 & 66 Barracuda's and not on Darts?
Thanks Rod

Stripes were mostly applied at the dealer. I have the factory “blueprint” for width of each stripe for dealer use. If ordered, Hardtop Dart GT’s got the stripes right down the middle and convertible Dart GT’s were offset to the driver’s side as shown in that Go Go brochure.

The stripes were not offered to my knowledge on the 270 or 170 models. That said, My 270 wagon will get blue stripes right down the center to match the blue interior.

Well I decided on a set of blue stripes and on this past Tuesday we painted them on while painting the whole car. Here is the look I went with,
20180606_125803.jpg
20180607_065658.jpg

Thanks to everyone that gave me ideas and pics of what has been done in the past. Im very happy with the way it looks. I decided at the last minute not to go over the roof with them and once it was done Im glad I made that decision.
Rod

Well I decided on a set of blue stripes and on this past Tuesday we painted them on while painting the whole car. Here is the look I went with, View attachment 1715185966 View attachment 1715185967
Thanks to everyone that gave me ideas and pics of what has been done in the past. Im very happy with the way it looks. I decided at the last minute not to go over the roof with them and once it was done Im glad I made that decision.
Rod
And it looks great

Well I decided on a set of blue stripes and on this past Tuesday we painted them on while painting the whole car. Here is the look I went with, View attachment 1715185966 View attachment 1715185967
Rod
Looks awesome!! Great choice.

The wet sanding has started. Last night I did all the flat areas, trunk, hood and roof. Tonight I did the passenger side. Of course this was only with 1000 wet so once I get the drivers side done I will completely go back over it 1500 wet. Hoping that will be good enough that I can start the buffing and polishing. Heres the work so far.
DSCN0588.JPG
DSCN0587.JPG

Wet sanding is no more fun then body work and sanding!

Thanks for everyones kind words about the paint. Greatly appreciated.
Rod

-
Back