Any pics of 67 Dart heat controls

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
Anybody have pics of heater controls(dash)of a 67 Dart(non air), My heat control lever is missing a pin or something to activate the one cable, it is the lower cable and would like some pics so I can figure out how to fix it.
Thanks
Aaron

I think I know what you're refering to,
I dont have a pic but what you have is a nylon disc sandwiched between 2 metal parts. That disc has or did have a nylon post indential top and bottom. The bottom one breaks off if the cable or door hangs ( door most often ).
You can replace the stud top and bottom by drill and tap through the center of the disc. Install a piece of a brass #10 machine screw. Supper glue it in the threads of the nylon.
Just leep in mind that whatever caused the original pin to break needs to be fixed. If the brass screw cant breal like the nylon did some other part wil break.

I just looked and the 67 shop manual has no photos of the control, except one of the rear of the dash.

I would guess they are plastic/ nylon to be quiet and not need lube. I'd be tempted to try and find a screw/ nut to go in there, or maybe silver braze a screw into it.

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 103
  • text.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 95
  • _MG_6095cs.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 104
  • _MG_6098cs.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 99
Thanks, that helps. I bought a body gasket kit and it cam with a heater box rebuild kit, so I will rebuild the heater box and make sure all of the doors, etc, move freely.
Thanks
Aaron

-
Back