Any reasonable bike insurance?

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Evening folks,
My motorcycle insurance is due soon. It has been going up every year. I've not had any tickets or accidents in probably 35 years. Since I don't ride it much, between the tag and insurance it is almost cheaper just to drive my truck. I have Progressive Ins. on it now. Any ideas on reasonable insurance?

The bike? It's a 2000 Honda SA50 scooter that I ride to the post office and parts house on the weekend. I used to ride it to work when I worked 1 mile from home.
Thanks,
C

Who do you have your house and car insurance through? Typically better to combine all your insurance under one company.

I have Foremost for my bike insurance they are part of Farmers Insurance. I had State Farm but changed everything to Farmers. I got more covereage for a less money.

I guess just do some online quotes!

Good Luck!

Shop around. My experiance with Progressive is that they are very competitive price-wise with high risk riders or bikes. When I had my Buell 1200cc, they rated it as a "Standard" when other companies called it a sport bike, and it was very reasonable. But for my Harley, or the small bore Honda classic bikes, Geico was best at the time. That was years ago, though. Here in CT, we don't even need to insure a bike that small (assuming twist and go transmission). That's why I keep my Vino clone with the big bore Minarelli motor (ok, so it's not a 50 anymore, but who could tell?).

I was insured with Geico for over 15 years. As a general practice, every year I tried to beat their rates. I never could until this year. 21st Century beat them out by a good margin. You might try them.

I have been riding for about 15 years also, and I too have not found anyone to beat Geico, I just bought a new H.D. and they tried to hook me up with H.D. Ins, which is through Progressive and I compared the two and Geico was still cheaper, just a few dollars but, I still went with Geico, but It now looks like I need to check out 21st Century.

Last time I had insurance on 2 wheels was thru State Farm......rate was low but we have everything insured thru them. We really do need start shopping around. Our home owners went up 15% or so due to the rough winter here a few years ago. When we questioned our agent why our rates went up even though we did not submit a claim he just shrugged his shoulders....

I pay less than a hundo a year through Progressive, but they also insure my Jeep and Ramcharger too. They went ahead and threw in roadside protection for free as well.

I have been riding for about 15 years also, and I too have not found anyone to beat Geico, I just bought a new H.D. and they tried to hook me up with H.D. Ins, which is through Progressive and I compared the two and Geico was still cheaper, just a few dollars but, I still went with Geico, but It now looks like I need to check out 21st Century.

I need to come back and clarify, mine was not bike insurance. Just standard automobile insurance. It stands to reason though, that 21st may well be cheaper with bikes, too. That's why I felt the need to post. It looks like you are pretty familiar with Geico's great rates.....I was actually blown away that 21st did as well as they did. They actually more than cut my 6 month premium in half, and for the same exact coverage.

Thanks FABO and StrokerScamp:hello1:
Cheapest I found was Progressive and Geico at $95, Dairyland came in at $80 and 21st Century was $50!:thumblef:
C

-
Back