Anybody Collect Autographs from Famous Mopar People?

-
I've the most important Famous Mopar Person autograph on my bench:

Sweet, I do too!! That makes 2 people so far in this thread with Leannas, and now we can use the 2013 calendar....wait, who am I kidding, I don't see a calendar, only beauty :prayer:

These were from the 2000 Craftsman Nationals at Gateway Internation Raceway in St. Louis (Madison, IL).

Attachments

• Kenny Bernstein - 2000.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Gary Scelzi - 2000.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Cory McClenathan - 2000.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Doug Herbert - 2000.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 177
20130103_094333.jpg

barracuda230.jpg

And how can I forget these famous Mopar friends?? I had so much fun meeting all the FABO members this year at the Mopars in the Park show here in MN last June. This year I will plan another meet-n-greet and it should be bigger and better than last years :glasses7:

I have a T-shirt signed by a lot of the NASCAR truck series Dodge drivers from about 20 years ago. They were at Watkins and I managed to score a couple of free tickets through my workplace.

My brother and I were hanging out in the pits after the race, talking to one of the crew chiefs about his truck and just shooting the s*** in general. I was wearing a T-shirt with a big Pentastar on it that says "Fear This."

I hit his driver up for his autographs on the shirt. Next thing I know, the chief is running around the pits, grabbing every driver he can to come over and sign my shirt. Got about a dozen or so signatures on it.

Then they started passing around Popsicles because of the heat. The chief grabbed brother and I one each and we stood there talking, eating down the popsicles. The chief was above and beyond fan friendly and every driver there was more than willing to talk, sign autographs, and hang out.

It was a cool day.

I don't usually collect autographs or go to Moparts but did score a couple of the "Funny Car Summer" DVD's from a member there and apparently he knew Jim Dunn and had him sign them.

Got another to add to my collection, my dad gave me this for Christmas, picked it up in Chicago and had Mr. Norm sign it!

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

Only have 3 but no pictures Mr. norm, Ronnie sox & Kenny montgomery

I've never been an autograph kind of guy, but have met many of the greats from drag racing over the years! My grandfather was the Kendall racing rep and all of the biggest names in racing used Kendall over the years! Guys like Kris Karamacenes, Connie Kallitta, Don Garlits, Shirley, Linda Vaughn, all of the pro stock guys like John Tedder, Dan Grotheer, and a bunch more I can't remember, were all his good friends! When we went to the track with my grandpa, you could expect any number of drivers to stop by his camper, which was set up with big Kendall displays, and freebies!! My brother and I were much more interested in collecting stickers, and ran the pits like wild tornadoes, sitting in the rails, and generally causing trouble! My brother even got to broadcast his impression of John Grivens over the PA up in the tower! When asked to speak to the crowd, he simply announced to John that "you're fat"!! It got a huge laugh from the crowd!!

It was my grandpas job to hand out the trophies to the winners of races, and he can be found in countless magazines from the day! If I can find the issue where he races his camper against the Accel truck in the "Big Bus Eliminator" I'll post it here! We still have the plaque and $1 prize money my grandpa won, when the Accel truck jumped the light...not an easy task in a 5 ton behemoth!! Those were good times back then, and I still have a couple hundred stickers from my collection!!

-
Back